The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Pretty windy here and since rain is expected I had a long lie this morning. Only one early ferry cancelled to Craignure but I am not travelling until tomorrow anyway.
Rain visible to the south and east across Loch Etive but actually sunny here so after a bit of procrastination got the Brompton out for the first serious run for some time. Of dear. I always found the standard saddle to be pretty comfortable and never wear padding either but after 5 miles it was decidedly painful in that area mainly due to lack of use due to the trike. The wind was mainly side on and not a problem with bright sunshine. Back to base and putting the trike away and heard a pattering noise behind me. Pouring rain so I missed it all and a nice run in the sunshine despite the painful backside.
DIL who was in Oban reports crowds lining the streets and all the Calmac boats sounding their horns as the cortege for Willie Howe a well liked Calmac employee and from an old Oban family passed to the cemetery.

dickyknees

Guru
Not in our house, more like 50/50 ;)
50/50 for me as well with Schweppes. :cheers:

GM

Legendary Member
Not long back from a 30+ miles on the Brompton. Got an email at 4pm to tell the item I was waiting for is ready for collection. So a spin down to Fulham to pick it up before they close, then arranged to meet our daughter in Hackney on the way back. She's a good girl treated me to a Magnum....

Mo1959

Legendary Member
4 mile jog done. I set out too fast and got slower! :laugh:

Quite wet but it doesn't bother me the same jogging in it as it does cycling.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning fellow retirees,

Looking out of the window I can see the tree tops bending in the wind. Had an early night and slept well after yesterday's enjoyable trip to Weymouth.

Have a lovely peaceful day folks 🚴‍♀️🏊‍♂️🏃‍♂️🚶‍♀️

Dave7

Legendary Member
Well the weather men got it right. Heavy rain and wind when I got up but it has improved in the last hour.
I think I am being dragged to M&S shortly:wacko:.
Glad I got the garden done yesterday.
I feel a chill day coming on.......I am part way through a good John Grisham book so will finish that.

Top Bottom