The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

monkers

Veteran
Good afternoon all.

Got back late last night after an impromptu break. I'm back for a couple of weeks and off again early next month - nothing too grand or fancy but a break is always welcome.

This time last week Danni had the hots for a new bike again, so now it's goodbye to the Liv Avail she bought a couple of months ago, and hello to a Liv Langma. It's very nice indeed, carbon, ultegra, discs, has this trendy flip flop paint job, the colour changes between a kind of sea green, to blue to purple to sometimes black with shades between depending on the light. Very nice until you try to choose the colour of accessories!

I hope all are keeping well and safe.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Good afternoon all.

Got back late last night after an impromptu break. I'm back for a couple of weeks and off again early next month - nothing too grand or fancy but a break is always welcome.

This time last week Danni had the hots for a new bike again, so now it's goodbye to the Liv Avail she bought a couple of months ago, and hello to a Liv Langma. It's very nice indeed, carbon, ultegra, discs, has this trendy flip flop paint job, the colour changes between a kind of sea green, to blue to purple to sometimes black with shades between depending on the light. Very nice until you try to choose the colour of accessories!

Nice to see you back.
We've all been missing you. 😘

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Good afternoon all.

Who are you ;)

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I thought they made cider?

While we are talking alcohol. I like a whisky in the evenings but like to keep the really good stuff in the cupboard. For an every day whisky I like Black Bottle from Sainsbury's which is a blend or Glen Orchy from Lidl, a blended malt.

They do a very nice Gin as well. About £20 a bottle.👍

D

Deleted member 1258

I'm back, I've bimbled, 52 miles this morning, I did a regular route to Hatton with a couple of diversions due to road closures, its a route I used regularly just after I retired. I came across a closed road just outside Lowsenford on the way out, it looked passable so I decided to walk through, half a dozen steps in I was in ankle deep mud, lovely stuff, beautiful colour and gloopy, I rode round the corner up the hill and stopped for ten minutes to clean it off my shoes with grass and poked out from under the mudguards with a stick, then rode through the middle of every puddle and flooded road section all the way to the cafe to clean things up a bit, on the way back I changed my route to avoid it. It was a nice ride, sunny cool with a blustery breeze to slow things down a bit, but great fun crossing Coventry at the end of the ride with the breeze behind me. So I enjoyed that, thats two good solid rides in this week totaling 107 miles.

PaulSB

Squire
On the subject of gin, back in February before Covid, Mrs F and I had a fantastic time making our own gin at the Edinburgh Gin distillery. It was a fascinating afternoon, they helped you select a collection of aromatics to your taste then you set up the still and went for a tour while it did it’s stuff. Then you came back to sample it, bottle and label it, and take it home. It was a birthday treat for Mrs F, money well spent :smile:
Our local gin distillery does this. Brilliant night if somewhat pricey. If you come across Cuckoo gin anywhere I can recommend it though I've never had the cask matured. Expect to pay £35.

https://www.brindledistillery.co.uk/

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good afternoon all.

Welcome back, we were getting a little worried about your whereabouts
😀

Top Bottom