The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all fellow retirees

A nice sunny start to the day here. MrsP is off to the leisure centre for her 1st swim in a pool since lockdown. She had to book a time slot, and go in her cossy as the changing rooms are not open.
We will be out with the dog to Trent Park later. It's a good few miles all the way around including the woods, so the dog gets somewhere else to sniff.

This evening will be another alfresco escape committee meeting on our top field.
Ale will be imbibed 🍺🍺🍺and kebabs delivered.:hungry::hungry:^_^

GM

Legendary Member
Morning all...Looks like a promising day, trip to the skip lunchtime all booked.
Have a good day folks. 🌈

PaulSB

Squire

A nice sunny start to the day here. MrsP is off to the leisure centre for her 1st swim in a pool since lockdown. She had to book a time slot, and go in her cossy as the changing rooms are not open.
We will be out with the dog to Trent Park later. It's a good few miles all the way around including the woods, so the dog gets somewhere else to sniff.

This evening will be another alfresco escape committee meeting on our top field.
Ale will be imbibed 🍺🍺🍺and kebabs delivered.:hungry::hungry:^_^

That's a relief for Mrs P........

PaulSB

Squire
Good day. It's a beautiful morning though a bit blowy, nothing to dramatic. Went back to sleep at 5.30 and didn't wake till 8.20. More :cuppa: now.

Today is a doing day; there will be an ALDI run, some household and cycle club admin, grass needs cutting and I may clean the car/bike and possibly spend time on the allotment.

Main thing to remember is I've got training on cleaning the lines at the Sports and Social club bar. I've volunteered to help out with this in future.

pawl

Legendary Member
Why do you use both? Pre
fer certain things in each of them? We recently got an Aldi here, but I think I prefer Lidl.

Prior to lockdown we used Aldi and Morrison’s Morrison’s for items that are not available in Aldi.Plus you can get a breakfast in Morrison’s.I like Lidl but she shall be obeyed doesn’t.

We now use Tesco home delivery 🚚 since lockdown.Dont think we will return to going shopping every week..Surprisingly we spend less on the weekly shop..No impulse buys and a saving on petrol as it was a twenty four round trip ,Small saving on petrol All helps

pawl

Legendary Member

Ale will be imbibed 🍺🍺🍺and kebabs delivered.:hungry::hungry:^

Does that mean you have to go home in a soggy cossy Is there any place to leave your clothes etc.?

Mrs p looked on the local pools web site but the information was a bit vague

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Apparently you have go ready, It's a one way system. You leave your stuff on the poolside, To come home you go out through the changing rooms where you can change, there was one shower open. so MrsP says who has just come home. So you don't have to come home soggy cossy wearing.
:ohmy:

PaulSB

Squire
On the ALDI v Lidl thing, I always go to ALDI first and then elsewhere for stuff they don't stock. Currently I'm using ASDA as I think they have social distancing well controlled. I've fallen out BIG TIME with Tesco and only go there under pain of death. I find Lidl difficult and don't see how one can do a proper weekly shop there, they don't seem top have a lot of stuff and the store is very random. Saying that I do bob in from time to time as the whisky offer is good as are the chocolate and chocolate biscuits!! :whistle::whistle:

Tenkaykev

Guru
On the ALDI v Lidl thing, I always go to ALDI first and then elsewhere for stuff they don't stock. Currently I'm using ASDA as I think they have social distancing well controlled. I've fallen out BIG TIME with Tesco and only go there under pain of death. I find Lidl difficult and don't see how one can do a proper weekly shop there, they don't seem top have a lot of stuff and the store is very random. Saying that I do bob in from time to time as the whisky offer is good as are the chocolate and chocolate biscuits!! :whistle::whistle:

I've been following a discussion about whisky on another forum here.
I'd made a list of recommendations but then realised I have a £20 M+S gift card to put towards a decent bottle. I'll pop in and take pot luck on what's on offer

I discovered yesterday that The Whisky Shop in Dufftown is doing mail order. I don’t know how long it’s been doing that, perhaps for ever, but I only discovered yesterday. Suffice to say, I’ve just submitted an order, I’ve gone for another 10 yo Tomintoul, also a 16 yo Tomintoul, a Wemyss blend and also I noticed they have a good range of gins so I’ve gone for one they had distilled specially for them. I shall keep this thread posted on tasting notes :smile:

pawl

Legendary Member
I discovered yesterday that The Whisky Shop in Dufftown is doing mail order. I don’t know how long it’s been doing that, perhaps for ever, but I only discovered yesterday. Suffice to say, I’ve just submitted an order, I’ve gone for another 10 yo Tomintoul, also a 16 yo Tomintoul, a Wemyss blend and also I noticed they have a good range of gins so I’ve gone for one they had distilled specially for them. I shall keep this thread posted on tasting notes :smile:

If you need any help with the tasting I’m sure there are a few willing to help you out Where is the nearest bus or train station to you 🥃🥃🥃😜😜

Top Bottom