The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Night Johnboy.

classic33

Leg End Member
Parachute drop near @welsh dragon!
IMG_20200818_235205.jpg

C-130

PaulSB

Squire
Good day to you all. It's dry and still though seems to have rained overnight. Hard to tell if there will be sunshine.

I can hear banging and noise outside. Hopefully it's the milk lady and nothing more sinister. I will check when things go quiet.

Meeting the pedalling pensioners at 9.00 for a trip out to the Ribble Valley where we will assault Jeffrey Hill and head on to Bowland to take The Trough. Two notorious local climbs. But for this little group I'd probably have given up by now such is my lethargy at times.

It's taken weeks to drag one of our number back out. Nag, nag, nag. We are now four. We used to be seven in number but the core is down to four - one was always occasional as he's daft enough to work in retirement, another went solo in lockdown and seems to be staying that way, the other has taken his bat and ball home, no one understands why.

I feared we might lose two or more from the group but am pleased it's the four who do remain as we're a tight knit bunch.

Mrs P has suggested "we" are decorating the front room. I'm unsure who this "we" are. 🙄

screenman

Legendary Member
Morning all, a couple of dents to play with today and a ride later. A few weeks back I spent 4 hours straightening a car for a guy down the road who is a caravan engineer, we swapped for a caravan service in my van, he is yet to do his part of the deal a typical for many nowadays.

Drago

Legendary Member
I have risen!

Tenkaykev

Guru
Morning all, a bit murky outside with rain forecast for later on.
Out with the dog soon and then I'll be dodging the showers.
The toilet seat snapped yesterday so I shall be out to get a new one.:rolleyes:

We replaced ours a little while ago. On the advice of our Plumber we went for a "Soft Close" one and have been very pleased. People tend not to consider them, but Screwfix has some cracking bargains and the reviews of products are by tradespeople mostly, and quite accurate.

Top Bottom