The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
It's raining here already and I think the biblical flood will be here this afternoon. We are expecting high winds as well and not just in Drago's Y fronts.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Had an early 35 mile bimble on the hybrid with lights on. Very foggy at times. Just a gentle loop over to the village I was born and spent my first 24 years in.

GM

Legendary Member
I do like the Clockhouse, very good selection at reasonable prices.

It's one of our favourites as well. We've been to the Finchley Nurseries a couple of times lately, they were good during the lockdown. They're very good as well.

D

Deleted member 1258

:rain::rain::rain: here this morning, I guess I won't be cleaning the car. I've been down the LBS this morning, and they are closed till next week, I'll have to wait, I'm getting the sealed bearings on the front wheel of the fixed sorted, after I've finished my tea I've got the bog seat to try and fix.

pawl

Legendary Member
Good day to you all. It's dry and still though seems to have rained overnight. Hard to tell if there will be sunshine.

I can hear banging and noise outside. Hopefully it's the milk lady and nothing more sinister. I will check when things go quiet.

Meeting the pedalling pensioners at 9.00 for a trip out to the Ribble Valley where we will assault Jeffrey Hill and head on to Bowland to take The Trough. Two notorious local climbs. But for this little group I'd probably have given up by now such is my lethargy at times.

It's taken weeks to drag one of our number back out. Nag, nag, nag. We are now four. We used to be seven in number but the core is down to four - one was always occasional as he's daft enough to work in retirement, another went solo in lockdown and seems to be staying that way, the other has taken his bat and ball home, no one understands why.

I feared we might lose two or more from the group but am pleased it's the four who do remain as we're a tight knit bunch.

Mrs P has suggested "we" are decorating the front room. I'm unsure who this "we" are. 🙄
:rain::rain::rain: here this morning, I guess I won't be cleaning the car. I've been down the LBS this morning, and they are closed till next week, I'll have to wait, I'm getting the sealed bearings on the front wheel of the fixed sorted, after I've finished my tea I've got the bog seat to try and fix.

What’s Jeffrey Hill done that your going to give him a right seeing too

I’ve just checked the BBC weather forecast Continues rain all day The wheelie bins can stay on the front lawn🌚🌚🌚

pawl

Legendary Member

I’ve just checked the BBC weather forecast Continues rain all day The wheelie bins can stay on the front lawn🌚🌚🌚

Top Bottom