The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
errhh I am a bit busy this year... ...I will contact you about 2025ish.
It's the eyes, in it?
IMG_20200818_161623.jpg

PaulSB

Squire
Update.
Been to Doctors.
Got blood test forms.
Blood tests are now strictly by appointment. Mine is August 26th.
After that its a 2 week wait for results.
Doc was asking loads of questions to which I replied "I really don't care.......I just want to know what the problem is".
Ahh well, at least I am getting closer to knowing ^_^
Is that a two week wait for an appointment to discuss the results or two weeks for the results to be returned?

I ask because I know our practice gets results back in 2-3 days. The two week wait at my GP is for the results appointment. A new appointment is made the day the bloods are taken.

After four days I breathe easy because the last thing I want is the "Dr xxxx would like to see you tomorrow" phone call.

PaulSB

Squire
I'm a bit peeved. At Christmas I went to Selfridges in the Trafford Centre to buy a very expensive Joe Malone candle for a special friend. It came in a nice box and in a natty little designer Joe Malone carrier bag. The bag was free.

I ordered some Joe Malone eau de cologne from Selfridges for Mrs P's birthday. Did this online. I opted to pay £5 for gift wrapping thinking they will do a better job than me. It's arrived today. 👍

The gift wrapping? A Joe Malone carrier bag identical to the Christmas one but I paid a fiver for it!!!!! 😲😠👎

Dave7

Legendary Member
Is that a two week wait for an appointment to discuss the results or two weeks for the results to be returned?

I ask because I know our practice gets results back in 2-3 days. The two week wait at my GP is for the results appointment. A new appointment is made the day the bloods are taken.

After four days I breathe easy because the last thing I want is the "Dr xxxx would like to see you tomorrow" phone call.
A week tomorrow for the actual sample to be taken.
The Doc tells me it will be 2 weeks after that for the results.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I seem to have no serious eye problems but blocked ducts in one eye which cause irritation due to dryness. While there I order driving glasses as one eye is getting s bit dodgy. With one thing and another I escaped with a total bill of £139 which includes £4 postage to send me the new specs.
To celebrate had a nice run up Loch Creran in the sunshine for lunch. The pic is on a bridge near the head where the road gets covered at high spring tides and is decidedly rough.
3C059705-36A4-4039-A1F2-7FE318713560.jpeg

pawl

Legendary Member
Had a walk up to Grimspound Bronze Age village this morning.

View attachment 542266

View attachment 542268

View attachment 542269

We then went up to Princetown to pick up some shopping. The prison was looking suitably grim and menacing.

View attachment 542270

We then had a walk through the Belever woods before nipping up to the Warren House Inn for a light lunch. Mrs D had a pasty, I had the Rabbit pie.

View attachment 542271

Bit miffed that it wasn't a 'proper' pie, but it was very nice all the same. :hungry:

The next site we stay at is off grid.........and guess who left the solar panel at home?! :wacko:
Tomorrow's weather looks crap, so we'll nip home and pick it up, then straight back in time for lunch. I could kick myself.:angry:

There still in the process of building the village then?😖😖😖

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Nah......it's a dish with pastry on top! 😄
Exactly! :okay:
A pie has a short crust pastry casing.
Anything else is an imposter!

classic33

Leg End Member
I seem to have no serious eye problems but blocked ducts in one eye which cause irritation due to dryness. While there I order driving glasses as one eye is getting s bit dodgy. With one thing and another I escaped with a total bill of £139 which includes £4 postage to send me the new specs.
To celebrate had a nice run up Loch Creran in the sunshine for lunch. The pic is on a bridge near the head where the road gets covered at high spring tides and is decidedly rough. View attachment 542286
Blooming pavement parkers, they're everywhere these days!

Definitely Hate the ones that come in dishes.
Disagree just had a puff pastry pie.... chicken and chorizo. Magnificent. I should stress that the pub has struggled to keep up with demand ALL days of the week. To busy to get a pie Thursday(traditional pie night) and couldn't get a takeaway on Saturday. Even though I was in pub for 3 hours (albeit drinking beer). Contents contents contents that's what counts. Happy with chicken and chorizo but prefer ox cheek, just to busy 'post" coronavirus!! To start cooking ox cheek at 10am. Landlord/chef looks wrecked.

Top Bottom