The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GM

Legendary Member
After yesterday's eye test I am now a little light of pocket. My sight had changed a little from three years ago when they last changed the prescription.
So, a scan of the eyes and a very thorough examination, new varifocal lenses and frames, £757:ohmy:. The lenses came to £450 on there own. 40 for the scan and the ready was the frames.
I am wondering if next time to try Boots or Specsavers?

:ohmy: Wow, that is eye watering!...did you get a second pair free? :smile:

Costco optical are pretty good, might be going there myself next week. I've got a £50 voucher to use.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
After yesterday's eye test I am now a little light of pocket. My sight had changed a little from three years ago when they last changed the prescription.
So, a scan of the eyes and a very thorough examination, new varifocal lenses and frames, £757:ohmy:. The lenses came to £450 on there own. 40 for the scan and the ready was the frames.
January this year from specsaves new frames, varifocal lenses and react to light lens £129

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
So, a scan of the eyes and a very thorough examination, new varifocal lenses and frames, £757:ohmy:. The lenses came to £450 on there own. 40 for the scan and the rest was the frames.

Good grief. :ohmy:

classic33

Leg End Member
I've had it a week so I thought it was about time that I read the handbook to my ebike. Well, blow me, the rear motor is the newer type with 60NM. No wonder the damn thing pushes my fat arriss up hills as if they weren't there.
You have more than one arriss!

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
We are taking two of our grandchildren ( 7 and 10 ) for a few days away in a hotel in Cemaes Bay, north of Anglesey and I don't know if internet has reached there yet so may be out of CC till then. Weather doesn't promising though.
Crab fishing tomorrow in Beaumaris followed by butterfly indoor site plus other farm animals in the afternoon in Menai Bridge. Sea zoo on Thrusday and back home on Friday. Hope this will keep them happy and away from their tablets and other electronic games for a while.

Dave7

Legendary Member
We are taking two of our grandchildren ( 7 and 10 ) for a few days away in a hotel in Cemaes Bay, north of Anglesey and I don't know if internet has reached there yet so may be out of CC till then. Weather doesn't promising though.
Crab fishing tomorrow in Beaumaris followed by butterfly indoor site plus other farm animals in the afternoon in Menai Bridge. Sea zoo on Thrusday and back home on Friday. Hope this will keep them happy and away from their tablets and other electronic games for a while.
Daughter has just been to Cemaes Bay and internet was fine (just don't tell the kids :rolleyes:)

Top Bottom