The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Squire
I've just done a hearing test online, I think it was broke as I couldn't hear half of the test :sad:
View attachment 541673 View attachment 541688
About 25 years ago I took my youngest for a hearing test. This was the days when the nurse dropped a pin behind you. My lad failed. I went home and said to Mrs P:

"I'm not surprised he failed. I couldn't hear anything."

Mrs P looked at me....... witheringly.

classic33

Leg End Member
About 25 years ago I took my youngest for a hearing test. This was the days when the nurse dropped a pin behind you. My lad failed. I went home and said to Mrs P:

"I'm not surprised he failed. I couldn't hear anything."

Mrs P looked at me....... witheringly.
I realise you're on the wrong side of the border, but we've had more scientific methods/tests this side since the '70's.

Exlaser2

Veteran
A couple of years ago I got sent to hospital for a hearing test because my hearing was too good lol. I have worked in car factories for over 30years and we used to get our hearing tested at work every couple of years . The last one I had, two years ago was when I was 55. The results were good , my right ear was good for a man of my age and the left one was even better and was classed as very good for anyone . But because of the difference between the two , I had to have tests at the hospital because having a difference between the hearing in your ears can be a warning sign for a brain tumour. Luckily I was ok.
Looking back ,re hearing . I am very glad I alway wore ear plugs in the body in white ( which was always very noisy) . The company always provided them even when I started in 1988 but they didn’t become compulsory until about 2000 . It was definitely one of my better life decisions 😀😀

screenman

Legendary Member
Morning all.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Talk about a cultural bias....I saw the mushy peas and thought " Wow! Fish and chips with guacamole. That's a surprise..didn't think guacamole was so popular in the U.K." I think guac would be better than mushy peas, although I do like dal.
You are welcome here because we all love Donald Trump.......but don't push it. Mushy peas is mushy peas.
Fish, chips and guac (my keyboard will not even type itxx()

Top Bottom