The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Donald trump. Mmmm:o)

Goooooood morning to one and all from a damp and overcast middle of Wales. :hello:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
It was very misty and murky and some really light drizzle at the top of the hill. Very refreshing after what we've had so not complaining.

Makes it look a bit bleak at times as there wasn't much of a view up the top.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning fellow retirees,

Mrs Tenkay and I are off for the 46 mile Brompton World Championships shortly.
It's looking a bit dismal out there with rain forecast.
I've decided to take OB1 instead of "Graham" as I'm more used to the M bars than the S, and with that distance comfort is a priority.
It means that all my colour coordinated accessories won't match, but hey I'm a bloke and used to looking like Mr Gummidge 😁
Wish us luck, I'll try and get a few photos along the way.

Have a lovely peaceful day folks 🚴‍♀️🚶‍♀️🏃‍♂️🏊‍♂️☔🧜‍♀️🚣‍♀️

dickyknees

Guru
God morning
:hello: Good morning, shite night last night, I've gone down with a serious dose of the squirts.
Are you better Dave?

PaulSB

Squire
Snoozing has had some limited effect, I may practice a little more during the day. :smile:

Still looks as though we are in for a beautiful day, it's now sunny and 16C. Feeling more positive than yesterday not least because my closest friend was in touch last night, this is someone I miss a lot. So in light of this positive mood I am going to do stuff, some of it very minor like a new HR strap needs ordering, some of it quite fun as I will shortly begin making chutney. I'm running the bar at the sports and social club at 5.30pm.

I've to decide when to put my hearing aids in. Last night I found three hours was as long as I felt physically comfortable with but equally I understand my brain needs to learn about these "new" sounds and learn to filter out stuff I don't need which is currently amplified. Think I may put them in this morning, out at lunchtime and back again for running the bar.

Last edited:

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
:sun::sun:and blue sky all over. It is going to be hot again. Bike ride delayed till late afternoon, hopefully it will cool down by then. Another lazy day in store, probably watching the snooker this afternoon. My youngest brother is 57 today, so I will give him a Messenger video call in a minute.
Have a good day every one.

Top Bottom