The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Yehbut, I am not all there so do not count.
You're saying you're only half here!
Where's the other half in that case?

Dave7

Legendary Member
Mrs G had a call from Vodafone this morning trying to sell her a new phone. At the moment, she is on simm only and pays £13 a month. She is happy with that as she gets free calls and unlimited texts. They are telling her that she pays nothing really and want her to start a new contract at £20 a month ! She told then that she is retired, on a fixed income and happy with £13 she is paying now. They were not happy .
I am with "3" , simm only too and I pay £10 a month, free calls and unlimited texts as well. I advised her to go with "3" when her contract finishes in October.
Either of us are interested in a all singing, all dancing phone, although she uses hers far more than I use mine.
Me know nothing but that seems a lot of money.
I just got a new phone and contract from Virgin. Free calls, unlimited texts plus data. £12.00 pet month for the lot.
I could have had sim only for £7.00

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I'm with Talk Mobile, piggy backing off Vodafone.
I used to pay £5 a month for 2gb, 500 minutes and 5000 texts.
I've just changed the plan to unlimited everything for £20 a month mainly to get WiFi when we are away in the van.
Cheaper than paying BT £30 for 5 days WiFi when we are away.
I use my phone as a hot spot and MrsD connects to it when necessary.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
I'm with Talk Mobile, piggy backing off Vodafone.
I used to pay £5 a month for 2gb, 500 minutes and 5000 texts.
I've just changed the plan to unlimited everything for £20 a month mainly to get WiFi when we are away in the van.
Cheaper than paying BT £30 for 5 days WiFi when we are away.
I use my phone as a hot spot and MrsD connects to it when necessary.

Do you know what the terms are for use in mainland Europe? May be tempted by that offer, I have a Talktalk SIM (free) which I don't use.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Half of a 'Snack size Cod & Chips'.
£5.30 from our local FandC shop. :hungry:

No wonder there's so many fatties around. :wacko:

Top Bottom