The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Not sure, maybe I should go looking for it, any idea where to start?
When & where do you remember being "all there"?
That'd be as good a place as any to start.

D

Deleted member 1258

Just to make a crap day worse I received a parking ticket in the post today from the hospital, its from when I picked up my Good Lady after she was discharged, I'm normally very though when I pay for parking there, I make sure the payment goes through and I have a receipt, I didn't that day and its going to be expensive. :sad::cursing:

PaulSB

Squire
I have hearing aids from the NHS. Boots was going to cost more than I've budgeted for my new winter bike - so a new bike is back on the agenda as I thought I'd have to forgo that luxury.

The audiologist in SpecSavers was fine did the same tests as Boots with the same result. However the detail she gave on my hearing loss, it's causes and what a hearing aid would do for me was significantly less than Boots provided. Having said that the Boots audiologist expressed surprise I hadn't had these things explained before.

I asked questions based on what Boots told me!!

SpecSavers was incredibly busy on the optical side, far, far busier than I've ever seen Boots.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
I found another grasshopper in my flat, I told him he can't stay here, but he wouldn't listen and I went of to say cricket is not allowed as well as other ball sports so you'll have to go but no he was amendment on staying, so with the help of the latest copy of Cycling UK he was removed from said premises, so it goes to show that the Cycling magazine has a use after all, but at £48 a year it's a bit expensive just to get rid of a cricket.
I tried Goggle for “cricket protection” but all they want to sell me was a bloody box, what the hell do I want a box for a cricket......... he's got all the garden and the wood to hop in.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
I have hearing aids from the NHS. Boots was going to cost more than I've budgeted for my new winter bike - so a new bike is back on the agenda as I thought I'd have to forgo that luxury.

The audiologist in SpecSavers was fine did the same tests as Boots with the same result. However the detail she gave on my hearing loss, it's causes and what a hearing aid would do for me was significantly less than Boots provided. Having said that the Boots audiologist expressed surprise I hadn't had these things explained before.

I asked questions based on what Boots told me!!

SpecSavers was incredibly busy on the optical side, far, far busier than I've ever seen Boots.
I've just done a hearing test online, I think it was broke as I couldn't hear half of the test :sad:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Just booked 4 sites for the caravan.
That's September taken care of. :okay:

Top Bottom