The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mart44

Über Member
Good afternoon - We had a walk/wheel to Currys PC World and back this morning. About a 4 mile round trip. Outward bound along the Backwater Valley Path but back along the roads because Mrs Mart can only stand so much bumping around in her power wheelchair.

I bought a laser mouse for the computer. The batteries are supposed to last up to 30 months (we'll see). Not much else happening today, barring family visiting or some crisis or another.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Started off the day going sea fishing. Got some of the biggest mackerel I have ever seen. Unfortunately the boat owner/skipper stuck a hook firmly in his hand beyond the barb and refused to let any of us get at it with a sharp knife ( very wise) so had to go to the cottage hospital 20 miles away. As the most experienced small boat handler I was nominated to be in charge. We put him ashore at an outer pontoon and I then had to navigate an expensive power boat which I had last handled about 2 years ago into a very tight unfamiliar maze of a marina with a gusty side wind and a dodgy reverse gear selector. Managed not to hit anything but am now a nervous wreck.

Drago

Legendary Member
Watching a violent Stafe fillum.

Drago

Legendary Member
CCTV is set up to alert Mrs D's smartphone if anything moves. I fitted one camera in the porch as it gives a good view of the front and is safe from being tampered with, so I keep slipping into the porch and waving at the camera which then sends another alert to her phone. I think it's starting to wear a bit thin for her.

classic33

Leg End Member
CCTV is set up to alert Mrs D's smartphone if anything moves. I fitted one camera in the porch as it gives a good view of the front and is safe from being tampered with, so I keep slipping into the porch and waving at the camera which then sends another alert to her phone. I think it's starting to wear a bit thin for her.
Proper signage in place?

Top Bottom