The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning peeps.
Up early today, 0700. Some jobs done and coffee enjoyed.
It was cold......I put the conservatory fire on to warm it up.
I cried off yesterdays ride as I was feeling "off". Just weakish and shaky. Feeling good today so a ride is definitely on......probably cheshire way to Arley Hall (Antrobus). Some good steady climbing on the way out (to me at least).

D

Deleted member 1258

Morning peeps.
Up early today, 0700. Some jobs done and coffee enjoyed.
It was cold......I put the conservatory fire on to warm it up.
I cried off yesterdays ride as I was feeling "off". Just weakish and shaky. Feeling good today so a ride is definitely on......probably cheshire way to Arley Hall (Antrobus). Some good steady climbing on the way out (to me at least).

We went to Arley hall a couple of years ago whilst visiting our son in Warrington, lovely old barn there

20170716_105931.jpg

Mart44

Über Member
Good morning - Didn't sleep well last night or the night before because of a pain in my back. There's been some some lifting and moving to do recently and I think it's a muscle strain (upper back). It doesn't feel so bad now I'm up.

That aside, it's a sunny morning and despite the extremely excruciating agony :smile: I'll be cycling along to the doctors to drop a prescription in through the letter box. Family are visiting later, so I'd better go and get some milk for all the coffees and teas they will drink. I'll be having a beer later this evening.

Dave7

Legendary Member
We went to Arley hall a couple of years ago whilst visiting our son in Warrington, lovely old barn there

View attachment 484086
From my house to there is dead on 10 miles. Depending how I feel I may continue on for a few miles, its all pleasant out there.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Why do you lot get up so early? Have you not realised yet that you are not governed by the clock any more? Anytime before 8 o'clock is night time for me, especially in cold mornings.
For me its because, although I tend to wake up as the light filters through the curtains it takes me a long time for my body to catch up. Its always been like that, much much worse when I was young.

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
Debating what to do with the day. Mrs D's motability car goes back tomorrow, so I'll brave the hordes of japanese soldiers who don't know the war is over and empty out the interior.

She takes possession of her new XC90 T8 tomorrow. 30 odd mile range on full electric, and 400 horsepower when both engines fire at once. Boo yah! Then when I get mine we'll be a two XC90 household.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Debating what to do with the day. Mrs D's motability car goes back tomorrow, so I'll brave the hordes of japanese soldiers who don't know the war is over and empty out the interior.

She takes possession of her new XC90 T8 tomorrow. 30 odd mile range on full electric, and 400 horsepower when both engines fire at once. Boo yah! Then when I get mine we'll be a two XC90 household.
Have you sold the Smart yet?

PaulSB

Squire
Big group out today so we had to switch cafes. We went to The Barn in Scorton. My advice would be don't go. The most expensive cycling cafe I've been in - beans on toast, two poached eggs, coffee and flapjack for a staggering £10.45!!! :eek:......... and not many beans and they were luke warm. Not happy.

However average of 18.5 to cafe and still able to speak. Total of 70 miles at 17.2 so a good do all round.

Fresh and sunny and no wind. Ideal.

This afternoon I shall chop kindling and clean my bike.

Top Bottom