The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
Nothing to do with explosions in the classrooms?

Disrupting influence was the description given to my parents, I was a real wrong un until I met and married Pam at just 18 years old. Married life and a son changed me into a far better person, funny thing is 5 years after leaving school I sold a car to my old form teacher, this from my own car site. That same teacher also encouraged my cycling when at school.

172traindriver

Legendary Member
With a metalwork teacher nicknamed "Mad Jack" do you really want an answer?

Wonder what the pair of you manufactured? :eek:

classic33

Leg End Member
Disrupting influence was the description given to my parents, I was a real wrong un until I met and married Pam at just 18 years old. Married life and a son changed me into a far better person, funny thing is 5 years after leaving school I sold a car to my old form teacher, this from my own car site. That same teacher also encouraged my cycling when at school.
I wasn't that bad, just good at making things go "bang" in the chemistry lab. They felt "it would be safer", but never said who for!

PaulSB

Squire
@screenman good luck at the clinic.

Good morning everyone. Grey and miserable here. Having a quick brew, chocolate biscuit and hopefully back to sleep next.

Yesterday following weeks of confusing discussion the DVLA finally confirmed my driving licence is revoked from the day of my operation. Oddly the letter gives the date of revoking as 27/04 but then explains the driving ban is from 01/02!!!! Even odder is the reason my licence is revoked is because I had a drain inserted in my skull, no mention of the brain haemorrage!!!!!

I can apply for a new licence on June 8th and drive from August 1st.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning all.
Grey sky and light rain here. Shame really as I am playing golf at a dead dead dead posh place . Its Portals championship course out towards Chester AND its a freebie.
I was going to invite @classic33 but the course rules state "no person known to be a disruptive influence or who is likely to cause explosions on the course".
I did invite @welsh dragon but she hasn't responded (I wonder why?).
I was at this place a few years ago and I recall the beer was a crazy price......like over £6.00 a pint. Playing with peopke I know so it should be a good day.
Enjoy your day peeps.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Morning all.
Grey sky and light rain here. Shame really as I am playing golf at a dead dead dead posh place . Its Portals championship course out towards Chester AND its a freebie.
I was going to invite @classic33 but the course rules state "no person known to be a disruptive influence or who is likely to cause explosions on the course".
I did invite @welsh dragon but she hasn't responded (I wonder why?).
I was at this place a few years ago and I recall the beer was a crazy price......like over £6.00 a pint. Playing with peopke I know so it should be a good day.
Enjoy your day peeps.

I recieved your invitation, but to be honest, seeing grown men hitting little balls around is a bit boring for me. Besides, you said you only had £9.50 to spend. That would only have got us fish and chips each (if we were lucky) so i had to dismiss your generous offer.

Top Bottom