The Rail Enthusiast thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
While in Bedale collecting pies for a pie-fest just before New year, I called in at the Wensleydale Railway at Leeming Bar and saw these:

dmu.jpg

Class 108 Driving Motor Composite Lavatory

class 20.jpg

Class 20, 20169

class 47.jpg

Class 47, 47715

class 03.jpg

Class 03, 03144

class 37.jpg

Class 37, 37674

Fubar

Guru
A couple of years back when in Cornwall we were driving through Par and this was sitting there:

image.jpg

Union of South Africa - sorry no idea of class, etc.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
A couple of years back when in Cornwall we were driving through Par and this was sitting there:

View attachment 115329

Union of South Africa - sorry no idea of class, etc.
Class A4 by Sir Nigel Gresley. This one used to be based on the Severn Valley Railway a long time ago so I got to see it often.

She looks really impressive climbing up Eardington Bank even at the railway speed limit of 25mph

Fubar

Guru
Class A4 by Sir Nigel Gresley. This one used to be based on the Severn Valley Railway a long time ago so I got to see it often.

She looks really impressive climbing up Eardington Bank even at the railway speed limit of 25mph

I think they used it to open the new Borders railway as well recently?

the_mikey

Legendary Member
Anglia or whatever they are called this week still use Mk3 (and probably 2) coaches, as does the Sleeper services. A handful of other operators will use them as well, but as for units.... Ummm, there might still be some class 121s kicking about - The last I heard they were working for Arriva Trains Wales in Cardiff, but that is probably at an end now.

The only three 121's that I believe are running are all in the hands of Chiltern Railways.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering

Top Bottom