The Metric Century (100KM) A Month Challenge ChatZone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norry1

Legendary Member
August's done , Did the China Teapot Audax starting in Quarndon Derby doing a circular route for 114kms . I know it's not a race but I was the 1st finisher 😁

Hey, a win's a win :okay:

13 rider

Guru
I must say, Warwickshire is very flat. I had the option to send my route up a couple of hills - Edge and Ebrington hills but I stuck to the flatlands instead and managed 100k with a mere 897m of climb. It was also very fast, for me. Not record breaking fast - it was still just over 5 hours including stops - but the fastest 100k I've done for a few years certainly.

Some excellent place names: Bishop's Itchington, Temple Herdewyke, Bishop's Tachbrook. Radford Semele and the rather exaggeratedly named "Hill". "Gentle Slope" might have been closer.
View attachment 739587
I went through Hill near Draycote water the other day on a 50km ride . The sign at the bottom of the hill saying Hill made me smile ,but yes it's not a very big hill 😁

Willd

Guru
I went through Hill near Draycote water the other day on a 50km ride . The sign at the bottom of the hill saying Hill made me smile ,but yes it's not a very big hill 😁
If you go up Hensborough Hill at Draycote Water, it's actually quite steep....

... for about 5 metres :whistle: Hill does have delusions of grandeur though :tongue:

1722797172157.png

Last edited:

ukbabz

Veteran
I had a free day whilst my daughter was at preschool, so I managed to sneak in a quick 120km ride into London (with the train home). I managed to tick off another of the 100 climbs (Swains Lane) at the end of the ride which was a good bonus. I forgot how many sets of lights and holds up there were in London and how knackering the stop start is!

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
turned down the chance of a 100 mile ride today as my left shoulder is hurting , i think i pulled it doing to many gym sessions :sad:
I can only ride comfortably on the tops atm .

UphillSlowly

Making my way slowly uphill
Been a quiet August bike wise, due to family holidays (without the bike), but managed to get some via ferrata, canyoning, kayaking, rock climbing and hiking done in the Pyrenees and Picos de Europa.

Had a day to kill in Surrey after a party and before picking up my daughter from Heathrow so took my bike and ticked off some of Simon Warren's classic climbs.
20240826_113353.jpg

Box Hill was nice but have to say the road surfaces were shocking for a lot of the other hills. Met some friendly "Brothers on Bikes".

Screenshot_20240827_115346.jpg

20240826_100749.jpg

20240826_113326.jpg

Attachments

• 20240826_104932.jpg
    20240826_104932.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 1
Top Bottom