The Metric Century (100KM) A Month Challenge ChatZone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

UphillSlowly

Making my way slowly uphill
Challenging ride with GLW today. Lost of stabby hills and managed to find one >20%. Left us feeling a bit wrecked. Stourport was horribly busy, but not many places to cross the river. Lovely weather for it (finally)

20240714_103215.jpg

20240714_104008.jpg

20240714_104039.jpg

Screenshot_20240714_151234.jpg

13 rider

Guru
@UphillSlowly did you not fancy doing a little more and popping up Clee Hill ? , I have ridden some of that route when I had a week in Oreton and I cycled there from Leicester . The drag out of Stourport is a decent climb

UphillSlowly

Making my way slowly uphill
@UphillSlowly did you not fancy doing a little more and popping up Clee Hill ? , I have ridden some of that route when I had a week in Oreton and I cycled there from Leicester . The drag out of Stourport is a decent climb

😁 we've done Clee Hill a couple of times. Fun going up but the descent is not much fun with lots of cars at the weekend. Next time maybe 😉

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Left Jul a bit late. Nice easy ride through the relatively flat countryside of Buckinghamshire and Warwickshire . Lovely weather, quiet roads.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I must say, Warwickshire is very flat. I had the option to send my route up a couple of hills - Edge and Ebrington hills but I stuck to the flatlands instead and managed 100k with a mere 897m of climb. It was also very fast, for me. Not record breaking fast - it was still just over 5 hours including stops - but the fastest 100k I've done for a few years certainly.

Some excellent place names: Bishop's Itchington, Temple Herdewyke, Bishop's Tachbrook. Radford Semele and the rather exaggeratedly named "Hill". "Gentle Slope" might have been closer.
1722612633917.png

Norry1

Legendary Member
I must say, Warwickshire is very flat. I had the option to send my route up a couple of hills - Edge and Ebrington hills but I stuck to the flatlands instead and managed 100k with a mere 897m of climb. It was also very fast, for me. Not record breaking fast - it was still just over 5 hours including stops - but the fastest 100k I've done for a few years certainly.

Some excellent place names: Bishop's Itchington, Temple Herdewyke, Bishop's Tachbrook. Radford Semele and the rather exaggeratedly named "Hill". "Gentle Slope" might have been closer.
View attachment 739587

You were just a few miles from my house there. :okay:

Top Bottom