The men's dress style thread..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I like it but at that price it makes my Cordings favourite look like a bargain purchase at just shy of £700.
View attachment 743257

I bought the below Grenfell rain jacket from the retro clothing shop I work in for I think £30 a few year ago. Like your's it's not waxed, instead a very heavy 60% cotton 40% rubber outer, with a 100% wool lining. It does its job of keeping me mostly dry, but it does annoyingly seep rain water onto my shirt cuffs, which then leaves a stain on the cuffs To me it's practical enough and that navy blue corduroy collar makes it look 'dressier', but I never feel well dressed when wearing it. Plus, it has a few stains and marks on that once again slightly annoy me.

hc=SuKoePndik4Q7kNvgFk3NGt&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

hc=0grqcMHnuncQ7kNvgFlQQFt&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I don't need it. I have far too many clothes. My flat looks like a gents outfitters, but I just have to have it!!!! 🧐

jk514-allxx_2.jpg

tweed-waistcoat-cordings-yellow-check.1.jpg

https://www.cordings.co.uk/sporting-check-jacket.html
tweed-waistcoat-cordings-yellow-check.jpg

https://www.cordings.co.uk/sporting-check-tweed-waistcoat.html

tr442allxx-new.jpg

https://www.cordings.co.uk/sporting-check-tweed-trousers.html

Last edited:

Dag Hammar

I sincerely hope that you did not buy that Fawn Inverness Mackintosh Cape For £850, to my eyes it looked hideous.
I would, however, endorse the purchase of this beautiful tweed set and if you negotiate a small discount you could possibly buy all three for the same outlay.

grldtnr

Über Member
Some may be able to wear it well, whilst others best dress in potato sacks.
Obviously this isn't you Accy,!

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I sincerely hope that you did not buy that Fawn Inverness Mackintosh Cape For £850, to my eyes it looked hideous.
I would, however, endorse the purchase of this beautiful tweed set and if you negotiate a small discount you could possibly buy all three for the same outlay.

No, I didn't buy it and yes I agree it looks hideous, but the hideousness was the attraction! :okay: If I saw it in a charity shop for say a tenner or even a twenty note I'd have it, but I wouldn't pay £850 for something that no doubt would attract plenty of negative comments from the peasants!!🧐 As for the suit, I already have two Cordings tweed suits, one pale blue, one chocolate brown, both featured back thread somewhere, around last March/April if I remember rightly. However, I don't have a green one, which the above suit is described as, though to me it looks more greenish brown that just green.🤔 I've always fancied the one below,

jk719rust-a.jpg
but they haven't had it in my 42L size for quite a while now and maybe that's a blessing in disguise as it does have that Rupert The Bear look about it and therefore would probably give me a "Do I look a dick" 🤔 thought if wearing it!:unsure: Now that you have endorsed the suit, which is what I wanted, hence me posting pics of it, it does make me think more about buying it which I possibly will do today at some point!:okay:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
No, I didn't buy it and yes I agree it looks hideous, but the hideousness was the attraction! :okay: If I saw it in a charity shop for say a tenner or even a twenty note I'd have it, but I wouldn't pay £850 for something that no doubt would attract plenty of negative comments from the peasants!!🧐 As for the suit, I already have two Cordings tweed suits, one pale blue, one chocolate brown, both featured back thread somewhere, around last March/April if I remember rightly. However, I don't have a green one, which the above suit is described as, though to me it looks more greenish brown that just green.🤔 I've always fancied the one below,

View attachment 743625 but they haven't had it in my 42L size for quite a while now and maybe that's a blessing in disguise as it does have that Rupert The Bear look about it and therefore would probably give me a "Do I look a dick" 🤔 thought if wearing it!:unsure: Now that you have endorsed the suit, which is what I wanted, hence me posting pics of it, it does make me think more about buying it which I possibly will do today at some point!:okay:

I'm slightly tempted to order the trousers, if I do buy the suit of course, with a straight hem rather than the usual turn up/cuffed ones I buy. I still slightly prefer turn ups, but one straight hemmed trousered suit, with two cuffed trousered suits gives me more options.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
if you negotiate a small discount you could possibly buy all three for the same outlay.
I might email Cordings asking them if they intend to have a tweed suit sale soon. I doubt it as tweed wearing weather is approaching and the suit I'm thinking of buying is still available in most sizes, so they haven't got down to the odd sizes not many want yet, so they then sell them off at a reduction. However, if they were to say they have a tweed suit/jacket sale approaching and the one I'm after will be in the sale I'll ask them for a reduction before buying it. I'm sure they'll let me know if they are as I consider myself to be a good customer having spent quite a few thousands on their items, plus they seem quite an honourable company who I'm sure wouldn't take £937 off me (£7 p&p), then reduce that particular suit to say £675 for example.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I've just emailed Cordings. Let's hope they reply soon and let's hope they don't give me any flannel!! 🧐

hc=VHhAdHnjWScQ7kNvgGvRrbM&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

hc=ycwBu2bkr6oQ7kNvgEiHnZD&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg

hc=ZIYF_5hJbgQQ7kNvgG6o5q7&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg

AndyRM

XOXO
On the off chance you actually sent that, why on earth would you expect them to tell you when they're having a sale on? Just because you've bought stuff from them before doesn't mean you're entitled to preferential treatment, that'd be seriously unfair to other customers!

If they do, fair play I suppose but that's a mad way to run a business.

On the off chance you actually sent that, why on earth would you expect them to tell you when they're having a sale on? Just because you've bought stuff from them before doesn't mean you're entitled to preferential treatment, that'd be seriously unfair to other customers!

True - but the might reply that a sale is due soon but they can't (won't) say what is in it until it hits.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member

You clearly have little or no retail experience at all! 🧐 Valued customers of many businesses/companies in many cases are given prior notice of such as sales and promotions. It doesn't hurt to ask if Cordings are having such a sale. The last tweed suit I bought from them in I think was April last, I paid £937(including £7 p&p). A few days later I was flabbergasted to look at their tweed suits page and find that they had reduced the same suit to something like £750! I immediately contacted them asking if I could have the same amount as the reduction on the suit knocked off my next purchase. They replied that yes, they would knock the reduced amount off my next purchase. Ok, they gained in a way as I had to buy another item (this time a linen suit). They didn't just refund the difference. If you don't ask you'll never know, as they say!!🧐

AndyRM

XOXO
You clearly have little or no retail experience at all! 🧐 Valued customers of many businesses/companies in many cases are given prior notice of such as sales and promotions. It doesn't hurt to ask if Cordings are having such a sale. The last tweed suit I bought from them in I think was April last, I paid £937(including £7 p&p). A few days later I was flabbergasted to look at their tweed suits page and find that they had reduced the same suit to something like £750! I immediately contacted them asking if I could have the same amount as the reduction on the suit knocked off my next purchase. They replied that yes, they would knock the reduced amount off my next purchase. Ok, they gained in a way as I had to buy another item (this time a linen suit). They didn't just refund the difference. If you don't ask you'll never know, as they say!!🧐

You'd be wrong about that first sentence.

Top Bottom