The men's dress style thread..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
Oh really!🧐 Pray, please do tell us more!:cuppa:

You got a discount for no particular reason, good for you. But as you pointed out you haven't actually saved anything, and with a company the size of Cordings, they haven't made a loss; £180 isn't the sort of discount the retail I've been involved (still am a bit) with could easily stand to make.

Over and above from Cordings when it came to customer service which is commendable. There's not enough of that these days.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
You got a discount for no particular reason, good for you. But as you pointed out you haven't actually saved anything,
Well I didn't save anything as such, but if I hadn't asked for a reduction off my next purchase which was that linen suit I'd have had to pay £180 more that I did for it, so it was still beneficial to ask for a reduction. They might've looked on it as 'he's buying another suit just to get his £180 reduction', but I was going to buy it anyway, so I still benefited from asking.

grldtnr

Über Member
Oh and by the way! No, I didn't send the below bit as I didn't want to faze them with all my titles! I don't expect favours just because of who I am!!🧐

View attachment 743784

You do know of course that your claim to all those titles are certainly checkable, whilst you claim to hold MBE & OBE Which certainly is possible, but to be inclusive of
a VC, JP ,MD & a COH , Is of dubious veracity.
I say that you are a charlaton to claim such, and if I had some deer skin gloves,I would slap your cheeks with one and challenge you to a duel,Naval cutlasses at Wigan pier, should I find my way there!

Not that I am a firm believer in feudal rewards of such like, but dammit if you want to go around as a cultured chap wearing frippery and finery, then you ought to have the brass balls to back your claims up!

Put quite simply I don't believe you!

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
You do know of course that your claim to all those titles are certainly checkable, whilst you claim to hold MBE & OBE Which certainly is possible, but to be inclusive of
a VC, JP ,MD & a COH , Is of dubious veracity.
I say that you are a charlaton to claim such, and if I had some deer skin gloves,I would slap your cheeks with one and challenge you to a duel,Naval cutlasses at Wigan pier, should I find my way there!

Not that I am a firm believer in feudal rewards of such like, but dammit if you want to go around as a cultured chap wearing frippery and finery, then you ought to have the brass balls to back your claims up!

Put quite simply I don't believe you!

You sir are a cad.... and a bounder to boot!! 🧐

AndyRM

XOXO
Well I didn't save anything as such, but if I hadn't asked for a reduction off my next purchase which was that linen suit I'd have had to pay £180 more that I did for it, so it was still beneficial to ask for a reduction. They might've looked on it as 'he's buying another suit just to get his £180 reduction', but I was going to buy it anyway, so I still benefited from asking.

There's no "as such" about it. You didn't save anything. But you've got clothes you like so it's all good.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
There's no "as such" about it. You didn't save anything. But you've got clothes you like so it's all good.

But surely if I bought two suits, one for the full price and one for the reduced on request price, it doesn't mean I've lost out on the one suit reduction in price, as no matter which one was reduced in price I still saved £180, or whatever the amount was! I still think Cordings thought when I asked for the £180 off my next purchase that they thought 'he's going to buy another suit, just to supposedly 'save' £180':rofl:, but as I said before, I would've bought the linen suit anyway, come the warmer weather. As I see it, I lost £180 on the tweed suit after it went on sale days after I paid the full amount for it, but I gained £180 by asking Cordings to knock £180 off a linen suit that wasn't on offer in a sale, which I planned to buy anyway.

Last edited:

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
I felt quite autumnal yesterday, hence the orange hat and accessories.🧐
View attachment 743748

Accy, have you ever painted your face green for a giggle?

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I'm tempted to buy this, rather than the Cordings suit. I have the same quilted jackets in olive and black, but I always fancied it in burgundy and now they've made one, plus I've seen it on fleabay for 100 quid . 🤔 Should I still wear man made fibers though? :unsure:

MQU0240RE96_AW24MAIN_back_7.jpg

https://www.barbour.com/uk/catalog/...ritage-liddesdale-quilted-jacket/category/89/

Last edited:
Top Bottom