The men's dress style thread..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
But surely if I bought two suits, one for the full price and one for the reduced on request price, it doesn't mean I've lost out on the one suit reduction in price, as no matter which one was reduced in price I still saved £180, or whatever the amount was! I still think Cordings thought when I asked for the £180 off my next purchase that they thought 'he's going to buy another suit, just to supposedly 'save' £180':rofl:, but as I said before, I would've bought the linen suit anyway, come the warmer weather. As I see it, I lost £180 on the tweed suit after it went on sale days after I paid the full amount for it, but I gained £180 by asking Cordings to knock £180 off a linen suit that wasn't on offer in a sale, which I planned to buy anyway.

If that's how the numbers stack up in your head that's fine by me.

Alex321

Guru
If that's how the numbers stack up in your head that's fine by me.

I thnik it is how they would stack up in most people's heads.

In total, over the two suits, boith of which he was going to buy anyhow, he has paid £180 less than he otherwise would have.

AndyRM

XOXO

In total, over the two suits, boith of which he was going to buy anyhow, he has paid £180 less than he otherwise would have.

And yet he's already said he's looking at a quilted jacket instead of the suit, so it's all irrelevant really.

Although at this point I'm wondering where the hell he keeps all this stuff in a small flat.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Should I still wear man made fibers though? :unsure:

If you do this, you might as well crack a few cans of Tennents super T, befriend your crack addict neighbours that orbit your abode and sell your gold in your vaults to fund a Charlie habit to fit in. Oh and your weedy dog could do with a trade up to a bully XL. I and many here in the forum would never see you in the same light again.

grldtnr

Über Member
And yet he's already said he's looking at a quilted jacket instead of the suit, so it's all irrelevant really.

Although at this point I'm wondering where the hell he keeps all this stuff in a small flat.

Probably wears several out fits all at once, see it done at airports ,someone was trying to evade cabin baggage fees's.
Soz Accy, but you do open yerself to ridicule , sometimes

Dag Hammar

Should I still wear man made fibers though?
Oh dear Accy, we are in England. In this land we use the spelling “fibres”.

If you are seeking validation for your purchase here’s my viewpoint. The quilted jacket: ordinary to the point of being bland. You will pass people in the street and they will barely notice you.
On the other hand, the tweed suit shouts quality and style. Go for it and be sure to post a photo of you wearing it when it has arrived. 👍

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member

Phew, I'm glad you've said that as I was beginning to doubt I was right. I asked 3 people today about if I'd saved £180, putting the stuff to them about missing out on one reduction, but asking for a reduction on a suit that wasn't reduced and being granted a reduction on it blah blah and not one hesitated before answering yes to my question.

Alex321

Guru
Phew, I'm glad you've said that as I was beginning to doubt I was right. I asked 3 people today about if I'd saved £180, putting the stuff to them about missing out on one reduction, but asking for a reduction on a suit that wasn't reduced and being granted a reduction on it blah blah and not one hesitated before answering yes to my question.

From his last post, I think AndyRM thought you hadn't actually bought the second suit.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Should I still wear man made fibers though?
Oh dear Accy, we are in England. In this land we use the spelling “fibres”.

If you are seeking validation for your purchase here’s my viewpoint. The quilted jacket: ordinary to the point of being bland. You will pass people in the street and they will barely notice you.
On the other hand, the tweed suit shouts quality and style. Go for it and be sure to post a photo of you wearing it when it has arrived. 👍

I received a reply from Cordings today. 'Hayley' told me that they/Cordings are having a buy 2 pairs of trousers, get one at half price offer starting on the 12th of September, but they/she do/does not know if the Sporting Check Trousers will be included in this promotion. I'm thinking the trousers in this offer will be summer chinos and maybe lightweight wool ones, not autumn/winter tweed trousers.
She also said that they do not have plans to include jackets or waistcoats in any upcoming promotions, to which I replied "Thank you very much for that information Hayley". So there we have it. Cordings have no plans to sell the Sporting Check jacket, waistcoat or trousers at a reduced price any time soon, which means I can buy the suit safe in the knowledge that any parts of it will not be reduced soon after I buy it, if I do buy it of course.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
From his last post, I think AndyRM thought you hadn't actually bought the second suit.

I did say that I was intending to buy the linen suit I eventually bought, then when Cordings reduced the tweed suit soon after I bought it, that I then asked Cordings if I were to buy the linen suit could they knock the same amount off the linen suit as they knocked off the tweed one, or words to that affect.

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
This is the jacket of the suit I bought from Cordings, which they reduced in price soon afterwards. I Notice many of the popular sizes are sold out, yet they haven't reduced the jacket again after putting it back up to
£525, which makes me think that the Sporting Check jacket/suit will not be reduced in price even if my 42L and other popular sizes were to sell out.
jk746_bluxx-a_smaller.jpg

£://www.cordings.co.uk/netherton-tweed-jacket.html

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
If you do this, you might as well crack a few cans of Tennents super T, befriend your crack addict neighbours that orbit your abode and sell your gold in your vaults to fund a Charlie habit to fit in. Oh and your weedy dog could do with a trade up to a bully XL. I and many here in the forum would never see you in the same light again.

Then you have to consider the boulder burns problem with the highly flammable polyester, you'd get if you smoked some Moroccan black while wearing stuff made out of man made fibers fibres!! :unsure:

Last edited:
Top Bottom