The men's dress style thread..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Accy, more impressive than the Merc coat is the shoehorn hanging on the wall.
To be fair, I would expect nothing less from you and I say that as a fellow shoehorn owner.
Yes, it is very useful with me struggling to bend down these days, especially when putting shoes on my right foot! Two quid from a charity shop makes it one of the best bargains I've found! 🧐 :okay:

hc=evBWKfHBiwoQ7kNvgHko9oe&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg

With the announcement of Oasis reforming, you'd probably get over a grand for your parka now @Accy cyclist

Yes - but then you would be associated with that pair that are currently in the news constantly for making a few nice songs about a million years ago and arguing a lot ever since

If Paul and Ringo resurrected John and George and reformed they would hardly get more news coverage

AND they are Mancs!!!!

AndyRM

XOXO
Yes - but then you would be associated with that pair that are currently in the news constantly for making a few nice songs about a million years ago and arguing a lot ever since

If Paul and Ringo resurrected John and George and reformed they would hardly get more news coverage

AND they are Mancs!!!!

Love them or loathe them, they're The Beatles for their generation. I don't get the hype personally, but my favourite bands have never really "disappeared" the way Oasis did.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
With the announcement of Oasis reforming, you'd probably get over a grand for your parka now @Accy cyclist

Actually I heard the news of Oasis reforming last Sunday which prompted me to think of my 'haven't worn for years' parka coat. I could've sold it, or attempted to sell it on fleabay as they now range from about £139 to £175 for new ones with second hand ones going for about £80 and mine is/was customised including the detachable faux fur around the hood, which is unique as you cannot buy Merc parkas with fur around the hood. Yes, I gave it away for nothing, but my friend was very pleased with it saying she loves it and has also promised not to sell it on fleabay like some I've given clothes to have done! By her having it, it means I can still see it and see it being worn, which is far better than selling it to say someone miles away where I wouldn't see it being worn and far better than it just hanging there in my wardrobe!

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
So, there I am wearing the above cape and maybe a country type fedora, or maybe one of my deerstalker hats, while carrying a highly polished cane with a brass handle, when I wander into the scruffiest pub in Accrington (which is the Broadway, which is an absolute shoot hole!) and ask the innkeeper for a shot of their finest cognac and a half of bitter. I notice the music is quite loud, so I ask the innkeeper to lower the volume and not only that, but I notice there's a slight whiff of uncleanliness, prompting me to whip out my travel sized Floris 89 eau de parfume to spray some onto my fine silk handkerchief before holding it firmly underneath my nose. 🧐 I wonder how this would go down with the locals?🤔

Drago

Legendary Member

winjim

Smash the cistern
Love them or loathe them, they're The Beatles for their generation.

Overhyped, overrated, the songwriter's a massive prick and their original drummer was best.

grldtnr

Über Member
So, there I am wearing the above cape and maybe a country type fedora, or maybe one of my deerstalker hats, while carrying a highly polished cane with a brass handle, when I wander into the scruffiest pub in Accrington (which is the Broadway, which is an absolute shoot hole!) and ask the innkeeper for a shot of their finest cognac and a half of bitter. I notice the music is quite loud, so I ask the innkeeper to lower the volume and not only that, but I notice there's a slight whiff of uncleanliness, prompting me to whip out my travel sized Floris 89 eau de parfume to spray some onto my fine silk handkerchief before holding it firmly underneath my nose. 🧐 I wonder how this would go down with the locals?🤔

You don't 'arf come out with some daft ideas ! Even the very thought of even considering of entering such premises.
What the Eric Pickerskill do you think is going to happen if you did?

stephec

Squire
This is the type of thing a chap such as yourself needs for strolling along the boulevards of East Lancashire's premier former cotton town in the coming months.

A Backhouse of New Zealand Stockman coat, ideal for walking the dog in a heavy downpour, I'd forgotten how warm it was though and even with just a t-shirt under it I was boiling this morning.

IMG_20240828_080217.jpg

Badger_Boom

Veteran
Now that I have room in my coat wardrobe with me giving away my Merc parka I'm so tempted to buy the item below! The price is slightly off putting, but in a way it's also an attraction as
£850 means it'll be high quality!! 🤔 🧐

View attachment 742993

View attachment 742994

https://www.cordings.co.uk/menswear...ckintosh-cape.html?currency=GBP&gad_source=1&
I like it but at that price it makes my Cordings favourite look like a bargain purchase at just shy of £700.
4D4DD7EC-1664-4419-A24C-E14D340EC9D6.jpeg

Top Bottom