The men's dress style thread..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grldtnr

Über Member
I doubt anyone would stop me if I wore.....
View attachment 748564
the above and ask what subject I studied (or is it read) at St Johns. Well they might do if I lived near the place, but not in Accrington! :laugh: As for 'stolen valour' it's only like when blokes wear Man Utd shirts with Rashford on the back, or Arsenal shirts with Rice on the back etc etc. They clearly aren't that person and most likely have never played for those teams! :okay:

Being from the vicinity of Accrington, I suppose you might be fair to mention football, but to mention Harlequins RFC, is tantamount to getting pilloried surely, your all Rugby League ',Oop north!
Perhaps you were thinking of Harlequins Rugby league section they play both codes of the game.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Being from the vicinity of Accrington, I suppose you might be fair to mention football, but to mention Harlequins RFC, is tantamount to getting pilloried surely, your all Rugby League ',Oop north!
Perhaps you were thinking of Harlequins Rugby league section they play both codes of the game.

Mmm, I didn't know Harlequins also played Rugby League. 🤔 Rugby Union is only played at a lower level around here. The nearest 'big team' must be Sale, which is quite a distance away from Accrington.

u34gdDFWNwQIsMeGYm25D9U8IFXNzCUVcuswcw?w=650&h=200.png

40 min (30.2 mi) via M66 and M60

My brother who lives near Lytham watches Fylde and sometimes Sale. He says that Fylde are in a league equivalent to League One (3rd Division) in football.

Last edited:

grldtnr

Über Member
Mmm, I didn't know Harlequins also played Rugby League. 🤔 Rugby Union is only played at a lower level around here. The nearest 'big team' must be Sale, which is quite a distance away from Accrington.

View attachment 748571

My brother who lives near Lytham watches Fylde and sometimes Sale. He says that Fylde are in a league equivalent to League One (3rd Division) in football.

Also a strong women's team, I'd go to the cabbage patch eand the stoop , but it's the other side of London from me, I can just pop up the road and watch old Westclffians or Southend be RFC, , Strictly amateur and Corinthian values,which to my mind is the ethos of RFC.,ratther than for mucky lucrative

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Also a strong women's team, I'd go to the cabbage patch eand the stoop , but it's the other side of London from me, I can just pop up the road and watch old Westclffians or Southend be RFC, , Strictly amateur and Corinthian values,which to my mind is the ethos of RFC.,ratther than for mucky lucrative

With all that traffic congestion and 20 mph limits in London, I can probably get to London faster than you can get from one end to the other if you choose to drive!! 🤔 🧐 :laugh:

grldtnr

Über Member
With all that traffic congestion and 20 mph limits in London, I can probably get to London faster than you can get from one end to the other if you choose to drive!! 🤔 🧐 :laugh:

I'd say that's true, even by train, it's a time consuming journey, I live on the Essex Riviera at Sunny Sarfend, overlooking the golden mudflats, when and if the sun is out and the tide low

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member

View attachment 748571

I think you should make the effort to go and watch a top class game.
Can just imagine it now:
"Is this bus going to Sale?"
"What do you think it is, a bleedin' yacht?"

Alex321

Guru

View attachment 748571

Caldy are a Championship side (2nd tier of English Rugby), based on the Wirral. Maybe slightly closer to you than Sale. They are curre ntly bottom of the Championship, with just 1 point from 3 games.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Caldy are a Championship side (2nd tier of English Rugby), based on the Wirral. Maybe slightly closer to you than Sale. They are curre ntly bottom of the Championship, with just 1 point from 3 games.

I find it difficult to motivate myself to drive the 3 miles to watch Accrington Stanley these days:tired:, so no way am I driving 1 hr 11 min (54.8 mi) via M65 to watch that lot chuck, not kick a ball about, and badly at that it seems!! 🧐 :thumbsdown:

ZYDTDmLGgz77JCVKDY2T10t0mWF81Q7s-ypHFk?w=650&h=200.png

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I use a seam ripper (sounds more brutal than it actually is) that came with a cheap sewing repair kit. It's designed specifically for doing this and other seam removal type tasks. I used to use it to undo trouser hems on second hand suits before taking them to get them re-done to fit me.

Is it like this? A friend gave it to me yesterday, saying she only needed one, but they were only sold in packets of five.

hc=YTdCFyfhioIQ7kNvgEGyRy2&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

hc=NVR1ucrpvGkQ7kNvgH_6Wdh&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

Top Bottom