The men's dress style thread..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
On the subject of Cordings, I saw these yesterday in a charity shop. As soon as I walked in I spotted that particular pattern and the lack of belt loops. They are the first Cordings item I've ever seen in a charity shop. Not my size though and quite a boring pattern, so no point in buying them, though if I was a buyer/seller they might've brought quite a profit on such as fleabay. 🤔

hc=FPHRDnzdcfwQ7kNvgG5KKth&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg

hc=jO5bNCOHqBgQ7kNvgF8RYcy&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

tr410_grnlv-a.jpg

https://www.cordings.co.uk/house-check-tweed-trousers.html

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I know I said "No more clothes till next year", but is a scarf technically clothes as such? Mmm, more accessories I'd say.🤔 I like college style 100 percent wool scarves. They are very warm around the neck and their 6 foot length keeps the chest warm as well, especially when facing strong winter winds. I have two already, one in holly green, burgundy and cream, the other in gold and what I'd describe as garden pea green. I like the one below as it's a Harlequins RUFC scarf, who just happen to be my favourite rugby club/team. Why are they my favourite rugby club I hear you ask. Well, it's because I bought a Harlequins jersey in 1991, due to me liking the design of the jersey. I still have that jersey. Do I follow Harlequins? No, all I know about them is that they play in the Premier League and they are based in London, but that rugby jersey to me was so :becool: all those years ago!

SFHARQ2.jpg

https://www.ryderamies.co.uk/shop/harlequins-rugby-scarf/

This is the same as that jersey I bought 33 years ago.

TM9768_045_LIGHTBLUERED_01_430x.jpg

Last edited:

dicko

Guru
We’re off to Vancouver next April and am wondering if I should get a warmer top coat. Does anybody know of anywhere to look for something that’s not too expensive but has good insulation?

T4tomo

Legendary Member
We’re off to Vancouver next April and am wondering if I should get a warmer top coat. Does anybody know of anywhere to look for something that’s not too expensive but has good insulation?

you're not very specific on style, but TKmaax if you want good value. I dont see you as a splash out £600 on a cordings overcoat type.

dicko

Guru
you're not very specific on style, but TKmaax if you want good value. I dont see you as a splash out £600 on a cordings overcoat type.

Amazon has the answers I think but don’t want to look out of place perhaps the Lumberjack look may be appropriate?

dicko

Guru
amazon is full of tat and is squeezing the life out of "proper" retailers

Yes I suppose it is but the only retailer in Derby is TK max, M&S, Next, JD sports and Sainsbury’s nearby.
I’ll find something somewhere.
Ohh look what I found online

IMG_2618.jpeg

IMG_2618.jpeg

Drago

Legendary Member
There was an MP many years ago, think he may have been Welsh. Anyway, he bought a nice looking tie from a second hand shop and wore it to work, not realising it was an Eton tie. Much hilarity and pith taking ensued.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Ah that would be the equivalent of "stolen valour" to wear the scarf of a university you didn't go it.

Apologies if you did go to St John's)

I doubt anyone would stop me if I wore.....
sfoxjoh-02-jpg.jpg

the above and ask what subject I studied (or is it read) at St Johns. Well they might do if I lived near the place, but not in Accrington! :laugh: As for 'stolen valour' it's only like when blokes wear Man Utd shirts with Rashford on the back, or Arsenal shirts with Rice on the back etc etc. They clearly aren't that person and most likely have never played for those teams! :okay:

Last edited:
Top Bottom