The men's dress style thread..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Weight in ounces to a square yard. A heavyish suit would be 11oz to 13oz, 19oz is really heavy Scottish mountainside stuff, getting on for overcoat weight.

Yes I have a Harris Tweed jacket, that's 16.5oz (470g) which is damn warm. Fine for a Jacket. I wouldn't want trousers that weight if wearing them inside.

19 Oz is out on the moors shooting all day weight

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Weight in ounces to a square yard. A heavyish suit would be 11oz to 13oz, 19oz is really heavy Scottish mountainside stuff, getting on for overcoat weight.

Yes, that's why I bought it instead of something lighter. Like I said a few posts ago, I need heavy/warm material for winter wear.

https://www.cordings.co.uk/sporting...l?currency=GBP&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjwjNS

SPECIFICATION
  • Cloth woven in Lancashire
  • Composition: 100% Wool
  • Weight: 19oz | 580gsm
  • Three Button Front
  • Throat Tab
  • Two Side Vents
  • Working Four Button Cuff
  • Generous Bellow Pockets
  • Action Back

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I already have a Cordings 19 ounces suit. Nice and warm in winter, but far too warm in the spring and summer, as I found out when I wore it on a mild spring day!:heat:
jk746_bluxx-a_smaller.jpg

https://www.cordings.co.uk/netherto...BP&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjwjNS3BhChARIsAOx

NETHERTON TWEED JACKET​

PRODUCT CODE: JK746-BLUXX
£525.00

Size
Choose an Option...36R (Out of Stock)38R (Out of Stock)40S40R40L42S (Out of Stock)42R (Out of Stock)42L (Out of Stock)44S (Out of Stock)44R44L (Out of Stock)46S (Out of Stock)46R46L (Out of Stock)48R

SPECIFICATION
  • Woven in Yorkshire
  • Weight: 19oz | 600gsm
  • Three button single breasted
  • Single Vent
  • 4 Button Working Cuff
  • Ticket Pocket

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
I already have a Cordings 19 ounces suit. Nice and warm in winter, but far too warm in the spring and summer, as I found out when I wore it on a mild spring day!:heat:
View attachment 746980
https://www.cordings.co.uk/netherto...BP&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjwjNS3BhChARIsAOx

NETHERTON TWEED JACKET​

PRODUCT CODE: JK746-BLUXX
£525.00

Size
Choose an Option...36R (Out of Stock)38R (Out of Stock)40S40R40L42S (Out of Stock)42R (Out of Stock)42L (Out of Stock)44S (Out of Stock)44R44L (Out of Stock)46S (Out of Stock)46R46L (Out of Stock)48R

SPECIFICATION
  • Woven in Yorkshire
  • Weight: 19oz | 600gsm
  • Three button single breasted
  • Single Vent
  • 4 Button Working Cuff
  • Ticket Pocket

Every time you post these pictures i cannot think of anything else other than this bloke from Beetlejuice.

beetlejuice-for-gl-veeme.gif

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
My Cordings Skipton Tweed trousers arrived yesterday, along with the Sporting Check suit (pics of which to follow). They are super heavy and warm @Moon bunny :okay: . They are also as I expected they'd be when buying, quite difficult to match with my jackets, apart from my Cordings chocolate tweed one below.

jk652_choc-a.jpg

So I'll probably wear them mostly with my plain patterned navy or brown overcoats, cometh the winter months. 🤔 🧐

hc=ElDxArwFQh0Q7kNvgEA1gsN&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg

Yes, I know my tie pin seems too high, but I had my chocolate Donegal tweed waistcoat on as well as the jacket while out and about, so I wore the pin high up the tie so it could be seen above the waistcoat. I'm not sure about that tie though. 🤔 Although it's silk, it looks quite shiny/satin/polyesterish. Thought it did look better when I had the jacket on, with a patterned burnt orange pocket square.

hc=MwU5qjZ8xP8Q7kNvgEetTzV&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

Ignore the floor clutter, I should've moved it, but it was a spare of the moment photo shoot, hence the gathering at the bottom appearance on the right leg of the trousers. 🧐

hc=Wt900fuh29IQ7kNvgHn_iZy&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg

Last edited:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
My Cordings Skipton Tweed trousers arrived yesterday, along with the Sporting Check suit (pics of which to follow). They are super heavy and warm @Moon bunny :okay: . They are also as I expected they'd be when buying, quite difficult to match with my jackets, apart from my Cordings chocolate tweed one below.

View attachment 747134

So I'll probably wear them mostly with my plain patterned navy or brown overcoats, cometh the winter months. 🤔 🧐

View attachment 747131

Yes, I know my tie pin seems too high, but I had my chocolate Donegal tweed waistcoat on as well as the jacket while out and about, so I wore the pin high up the tie so it could be seen above the waistcoat. I'm not sure about that tie though. 🤔 Although it's silk, it looks quite shiny/satin/polyesterish. Thought it did look better when I had the jacket on, with a patterned burnt orange pocket square.

View attachment 747132

Ignore the floor clutter, I should've moved it, but it was a spare of the moment photo shoot, hence the gathering at the bottom appearance on the right leg of the trousers. 🧐

View attachment 747133

When does the red nose arrive :whistle:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I haven't tried it on yet, but I know it'll fit due to it being ordered in my usual Cordings required sizes. 🧐 I'll have to unpick the jacket and waistcoat pockets before wearing the suit, which looks like a dodgy procedure. I've looked at the stitching and it's very tight, unlike the Cordings linen suits I bought, which are more casual, hence their slightly looser jacket and waistcoat pockets stitching I easily picked open.

hc=tVTk8LkB64sQ7kNvgERcyt1&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

hc=tdMaUCZEs8cQ7kNvgHRY0j6&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

hc=atimmuNfnWUQ7kNvgE7SmOq&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg

hc=4IIKVLAJhvQQ7kNvgFDrX5G&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg

hc=LeDGkPKKZu0Q7kNvgGnU0c1&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg

hc=_8JrmA_HJKwQ7kNvgHRHmTf&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

hc=KwxPwIajItIQ7kNvgH5igSJ&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg

hc=XPSEa0a0dwIQ7kNvgF-Wl1I&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg

hc=ojdMnS34gGMQ7kNvgG7R_XK&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg

hc=kocUmh8QUiwQ7kNvgEQ-YDO&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

Attachments

• hc=4IIKVLAJhvQQ7kNvgFDrX5G&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg
    hc=4IIKVLAJhvQQ7kNvgFDrX5G&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
They are such a perfect match, wouldn't you say? 🤔 🧐

51982-jpg.jpg

t900fuh29iq7knvghn_izy-_nc_ht-scontent-fman2-1-jpg.jpg

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
To be honest, my hair is that bushy and insulating a linen cap does for most of winter, except the below freezing days when I have a cap with ear flaps anyway.

Yes, I thought a good head of hair might be why you can wear a linen cap in the cold months. I"m a chrome dome, so I need wool or fur felt, complete with a satin lining. 🧐

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I put two more jackets in the Salvation Army clothes container yesterday. Both wool, but a thin wool, far too flimsy for the coming months. If I'd kept them they wouldn't have been worn till next late spring at the earliest, so best to pass them on and make more space on my clothes hangers. 🧐

Last edited:
Top Bottom