The men's dress style thread..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
What jeans?! I can't see any! 🤔 🧐

Another change of plan on the last change of plan! £579.85 including P&P, compared to the Cordings Sporting Check Tweed suit costing £937 including P&P.

View attachment 746613
https://www.houseofbruar.com/m-saxony-twd-hack-jkt/

View attachment 746614 https://www.houseofbruar.com/mens-saxony-tweed-waistcoat-brown-tr30375rustbrnnailhd/

View attachment 746615
https://www.houseofbruar.com/mens-saxony-tweed-trousers-brown-tp30200rustbrnnailhd/

Either the above or the one below.

View attachment 746623

https://www.houseofbruar.com/m-sax-twd-hack-jkt/ 🤔

Cordings are slightly nobbing me off as I can't log into my account with them. I could check out as a guest, but I like all my purchases from Cordings to be logged into my account, which checking out a guest doesn't allow you to do. Also, I'm not after some grovelling here, but with me having spent almost £5,000 on Cordings clothing over the last 2 years without quibbling or sending anything back, I wouldn't mind a "thank you" every now and then! 🧐 I might buy one of the above House of Bruar suits and see how t fits etc. If I don't like it I can send it back, unlike you can with Cordings, or at least their trousers as when buying Cordings trousers you can only return them if you haven't asked them to turn the trousers up to a certain length.
Top Picture

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Looks like it's gonna be Cordings then!🤔 Maybe I could email them tomorrow asking them to grovel slightly, then I will place the order with them.🧐

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Thinking about House of Bruar's not long enough 42L, I have a House of Bruar green tweed hacking jacket bought from a charity shop for a fiver a few years ago.🤔 The arms are quite short, but for a fiver I can live with it, but I wouldn't like to pay £295 for a not long enough in the arms jacket!! 🧐

T4tomo

Legendary Member
arm length measure isn't always consistent between brands & styles (due to where its seamed) - you could always order to try send send back if too short.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
arm length measure isn't always consistent between brands & styles (due to where its seamed) - you could always order to try send send back if too short.
I asked them using their contact us text method about the arm length. They replied that they are true to size, so if it says 25.5 inches for the overarm (shoulder seam to cuff) then it will be 25.5 inches, which is too short for me. I measured the arm lengths of my 4 Cordings 42L jackets. All were/are 27 inches long. Even then I could do with another inch, so House of Bruar's 1.5 inches shorter than Cordings arm length is just too short! The back length of House of Bruar's 42L and Cordings 42L is more or less the same at 31 inches, so House of Bruar seem to think that Long means in the body, not necessarily in the arm! 🤔 There's no point in ordering the House of Bruar jacket(s) just on the off chance they'd fit as they most likely won't, then I'll have the hassle of re-boxing it/them, then paying for the return postage etc.

Below is their sizes chart. Why would someone who requires a 42L size like me be seen as needing it with a 40 waist, when I'm a 32/33 waist? 🤔

size_guide_TR30370.jpg

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Anyway, I'm taking some of my charity shop bought jackets to the Salvation Army unwanted clothing container and taking the better ones, bought from the retro clothing shop I work in back to that shop, so they can eventually be sold again. I seriously need to clothes wise de-clutter, if I'm going to buy another suit!

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I asked them using their contact us text method about the arm length. They replied that they are true to size, so if it says 25.5 inches for the overarm (shoulder seam to cuff) then it will be 25.5 inches, which is too short for me. I measured the arm lengths of my 4 Cordings 42L jackets. All were/are 27 inches long. Even then I could do with another inch, so House of Bruar's 1.5 inches shorter than Cordings arm length is just too short! The back length of House of Bruar's 42L and Cordings 42L is more or less the same at 31 inches, so House of Bruar seem to think that Long means in the body, not necessarily in the arm! 🤔 There's no point in ordering the House of Bruar jacket(s) just on the off chance they'd fit as they most likely won't, then I'll have the hassle of re-boxing it/them, then paying for the return postage etc.

Below is their sizes chart. Why would someone who requires a 42L size like me be seen as needing it with a 40 waist, when I'm a 32/33 waist? 🤔

View attachment 746687

That's the waist size of the Jacket, if it was the same size as your trews you wouldn't get the buttons done up.

Drago

Legendary Member
Surely if you just join up the salvation army will give you a smart suit?

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Two hardly worn these days jackets put into the Salvation Army unwanted clothes skip this aft!!🧐 The top one is/was a M&S wool number, the bottom one is/was a Next wool/mixed fibers object. Both aren't worthy of me wearing them,:laugh: so off they go!!🧐

hc=OtzIEqe6bvQQ7kNvgEIztcH&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

hc=oOBnNMK8BhYQ7kNvgEtI90l&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg
hc=KTSzOsh5XxIQ7kNvgH253as&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg

Top Bottom