The men's dress style thread..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
They may be homeless, but they will be smartly dressed.

That was the third clothes container I tried, as the other 2's next to this one, tip it in thingies wouldn't open. Well it felt like they would've done if not weighted down so much. I've noticed lots of total crap being left in front of those containers lately, such as broken chairs, tv's, big manky soft toys etc etc. Obviously folk are dumping their crap there, which is totally unwanted by such as the Salvation Army. I reckon someone's tried to stick not clothing crap into the 2 containers tip in points, blocking them up ffs! 🧐

tszosh5xxiq7knvgh253as-_nc_ht-scontent-fman2-1-jpg.jpg

Last edited:

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
That was the third clothes container I tried, as the other 2's next to this one, tip it in thingies wouldn't open. Well it felt like they would've done if not weighted down so much. I've noticed lots of total crap being left in front of those containers lately, such as broken chairs, tv's, big manky soft toys etc etc. Obviously folk are dumping their crap there, which is totally unwanted by such as the Salvation Army. I reckon someone's tried to stick not clothing crap into the 2 containers tip in points, blocking them up ffs! 🧐

View attachment 746718

I think some people just see it as a dump rather than a useful resource for some less fortunate.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Yes, I suppose the S/A use donated clothes and footwear in their sheltered hostels thingies. I just thought they sold them in their charity shops ( I bought a felt like new Schoffel fleece 2 years ago in a Salvation Army charity shop for £2.50 :ohmy:) for a few quid.

And here is the same fleece for sale from Cordings for £209.95.
https://www.cordings.co.uk/schoffel...urrency=GBP&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjwo8S3Bh

According to the S/A's shop staff that day, they said a well off bloke buys lots of 'quality clothing' for each season, then when that season ends he doesn't keep them like I and most would do, he just donates them and buys more stuff in for the next season, and so on and so on. And no, it's not comrade Starmer by the way as this bloke actually buys his stuff! 🧐

Last edited:

raleighnut

Legendary Member

View attachment 746718

Any thing dumped in those goes straight for shredding to be used in paper manufacture, decent wearable clothing gets taken in to the shops, I've a mate who used to empty those and similar ones and there's dirty nappies and detritus dumped in them.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
So now we move onto another suit idea for myself. 🤔 £503.95 including P&P. I was about to buy that Cordings Sporting Check one last night, along with the Skipton Tweed/Rupert Bear trousers, but as I pressed to confirm my order it said there was an error with my card number and I should contact my bank. That's happened before when trying to buy Cordings items. My bank said the last time when it happened, that because of the high amount I was intending to spend it came up as a possible fraudulent transaction.

haincliffe_b_3102_rt_web_grey_2__1_1.jpg

https://www.brooktaverner.co.uk/sui...k-tweed-three-piece-suit-haincliffe-suit.html

Last edited:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
So now we move onto another suit idea for myself. 🤔 £503.95 including P&P. I was about to buy that Cordings Sporting Check one last night, along with the Skipton Tweed/Rupert Bear trousers, but as I pressed to confirm my order it said there was an error with my card number and I should contact my bank. That's happened before when trying to buy Cordings items. My bank said the last time when it happened, that because of the high amount I was intending to spend it came up as a possible fraudulent transaction.

View attachment 746793

https://www.brooktaverner.co.uk/sui...k-tweed-three-piece-suit-haincliffe-suit.html

SUITSYOUWELL
TWENTYOFF

both work as voucher codes for 20% off @Accy cyclist

as I've said before, quality is very good. without the "of mayfair" price premium....

Drago

Legendary Member
Started to break-in my new Greeenwich Mean Time baseball cap. My BSTmone got soaked the other day so it was a great opportunity to break in the GMT one while it dried out.

I've a long road ahead. It takes 7 or 8 years to get that properly greasy and worn look that BB cap wearers crave.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
SUITSYOUWELL
TWENTYOFF

both work as voucher codes for 20% off @Accy cyclist

as I've said before, quality is very good. without the "of mayfair" price premium....

Thanks for that, but I ordered the Cordings suit and those 'Rupert' trousers instead. Phew! I'm glad I didn't order the Brooke Taverner suit then see your 20% off code after paying! I decided on the Cordings suit and trousers as I do prefer the Cordings Sporting Check pattern to those Brooke Taverner ones and with a buy one get one half price offer on their trousers at the moment I had to have those Skipton Tweed trousers as I've always fancied that quirky/stand out colour/pattern since first seeing it about 2 years ago. Another reason for preferring the Cordings suit over the Brook Taverner ones is that the Brook Taverner ones are just over 13 ounces while the Cordings suit is 19 ounces. Now I'm not sure what that means, but I'd guess it means the thickness, weight etc of the material. These days I need thick and heavy materials to keep warm in winter, so the 19 ounces Cordings suit will be far warmer than the 13 ounces Brook Taverner ones. This is definitely my last Cordings purchase this year and even well into next year. I've bought 3 of their tweed suits and 2 of their linen ones this year. I just had to have that Sporting Check suit, but now I'm satisfied, so it's time to stop buying clothes all together, but only for this year of course! :okay:

Top Bottom