The men's dress style thread..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I received an email from Cordings today, telling me (who they called a long standing, valued customer) that if I buy the Sporting Check suit before the 12th of September they'll knock me ten percent off!! £93 off is quite tempting! Those who think that asking for reductions, information of offers before they are officially announced etc take note! If you don't ask, you will never find out!!! 🧐 :okay:

Aye but when its starts at £930 there is a lot of profit margin in it to give away! I'm not sure its a bargain at £837, however well made and fancily packaged.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Bojo gave scarecrows a bad name. How anyone could make expensive tailored suits look like a donkey jacket he'd found in a hedge is beyond me?

Even wealthy donors don't bother bunging him 20k of free suits because he'd still look like he'd robbed them from a hobo.

Probably spent more time on various bedroom floors than him actually wearing it.

Drago

Legendary Member
And while we're on the dress habits of Westminster sorts, what about Eric Pickles? Those beautifully tailored suits and Jermyn Street shirts make him look so slim. Mrs Pickles must get a right surprise when he gets undressed for bed.

And the reporters that cover them are no better. Brown shoes, increasingly without ties. Bring back dinner jackets.

Moon bunny

Judging your grammar.
And while we're on the dress habits of Westminster sorts, what about Eric Pickles? Those beautifully tailored suits and Jermyn Street shirts make him look so slim. Mrs Pickles must get a right surprise when he gets undressed for bed.

And the reporters that cover them are no better. Brown shoes, increasingly without ties. Bring back dinner jackets.

And for the ones wearing winklepickers with slightly too short trouser legs:
1725637231760.jpeg

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Mogg was or is I'll advised to wear a double breasted suit / jacket

More to the point is wearing one that is clearly too big for him.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I'm thinking about buying the Sporting Check Action Back jacket rather than the suit. 🤔 I've been thinking that I've already bought 4 Cordings suits this year, which is quite extravagant, so another one.....mmmm!🤔 Plus I have quite a lot of Cordings cords and moleskin trousers that won't get much wear time this coming autumn/winter if I mainly wear the 3 autumn/winter suits I'd have, if I bought another one. The Action Back is different to my other tweed jackets with its large outer pockets, more room on the back of the shoulders for shooting (which obviously I wouldn't take part in😇, but it's the look) and 2 lapel button holes.🤔
action-back-sporting-check-tweed.jpg

jacket.png

https://www.cordings.co.uk/sporting-check-action-back-jacket.html

Last edited:
Top Bottom