The men's dress style thread..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Then you have to consider the boulder burns problem with the highly flammable polyester, you'd get if you smoked some Moroccan black while wearing stuff made out of man made fibers fibres!! :unsure:

Cotton burns just as badly but Silk is a bugger and as for the inevitable pinhole burns all down the front of my favourite Satin shirt.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Cotton burns just as badly but Silk is a bugger and as for the inevitable pinhole burns all down the front of my favourite Satin shirt.

Cotton burns, but if you can flick a boulder or whatever (flying bits of struck match heads are/were a problem when I smoked, as in cigarettes :okay: ) off in a second it should be ok, but not with such as polyester or nylon as, as soon as the spark hits the material it sticks, making flicking off impossible!! :unsure:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I did say that I was intending to buy the linen suit I eventually bought, then when Cordings reduced the tweed suit soon after I bought it, that I then asked Cordings if I were to buy the linen suit could they knock the same amount off the linen suit as they knocked off the tweed one, or words to that affect.

Now If I were to buy two pairs of Cordings trousers in their forthcoming 'buy two, get one at half price' offer, with one of those pairs being the Sporting Czech Cheque Check @Dag Hammar :whistle: which I want, just to 'save' on the other pair that I wouldn't want then @AndyRM would be right in his thoughts that I would be buying something I didn't really want, just to 'save' some money, but no, I intended buying this suit https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/the-mens-dress-style-thread.282164/page-110 Post 1,638
come the warmer weather, so it definitely wasn't a 'buy something you don't want to save money' exercise! 🧐

Last edited:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
No I haven't, and on the subject have you ever painted your arse a particular colour, or would that require gallons of the stuff to complete the task?!! 🧐 :cuppa:

There was a young girl from Australia
Who painted her arse like a dahlia
She did rather well
Charging twopence a smell
But thrupence a lick was a failure

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I've been watching the below. So let me see. So far I've picked up on riding boots, tweed jackets, jodhpurs and walking round with a golf club, looking frustratingly bored, while 'hanging out' in a looks like Georgian mansion, sat in front of a very large fireplace. I'm getting ideas for my image. I used to get tips from Jeeves and Wooster, but this is more contemporary, albeit fifty odd years old. 🤔 🧐

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Should I still wear man made fibers though?
Oh dear Accy, we are in England. In this land we use the spelling “fibres”.

If you are seeking validation for your purchase here’s my viewpoint. The quilted jacket: ordinary to the point of being bland. You will pass people in the street and they will barely notice you.
On the other hand, the tweed suit shouts quality and style. Go for it
and be sure to post a photo of you wearing it when it has arrived. 👍

Serious question. I'm more Jacob Rees-Mogg in a suit these days, than I was 20 years ago. Do you think wearing such a suit, still looks good when you're 'slim'...and old(ish)? 🤔

Last edited:
Top Bottom