The men's dress style thread..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
They look just like my slippers, £20 from Cotswold

Well there you go. I paid a fiver more for quality, so that's a bargain I'd say. ;)

Life is too short to go pairing up socks, especially when the washing machine eats them or hides them! Often wear odd socks, but I wouldn't wear trousers tucked in, except occasionally on the bike.

Worst present anyone ever got me was 2 sets of socks with the names of the days on them
different makes - so different colours and fonts!!!

so every sock had one mate and one only - a nightmare to pair up!

Did have one advantage as the kids I used to teacher at the time were horrified when I wore one Wednesday sock and one Monday sock
on a Friday

My personally sock buying system involves waiting until most of my sock are missing or unwearable
then buying 2 or 3 packs of identical sock - I can normally get packs of 6 or 8 so then I have a drawer full of identical socks and they all match every other sock
and maybe some smarter ones for special occasions

my wife does not agree and I have spotted a project to give me a couple of pairs of "nice" socks every Christmas and birthday so I have ended up with a drawer full of socks that have to be matched up

sigh

Badger_Boom

Veteran
Worst present anyone ever got me was 2 sets of socks with the names of the days on them

Did have one advantage as the kids I used to teacher at the time were horrified when I wore one Wednesday sock and one Monday sock
on a Friday

My personally sock buying system involves waiting until most of my sock are missing or unwearable
then buying 2 or 3 packs of identical sock - I can normally get packs of 6 or 8 so then I have a drawer full of identical socks and they all match every other sock

my wife does not agree and I have spotted a project to give me a couple of pairs of "nice" socks every Christmas and birthday so I have ended up with a drawer full of socks that have to be matched up

sigh
What if you actually enjoy pairing up socks? Asking for a friend.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Love teh shoes

not sure about the socks

but, as my wife can attest, I am no judge
I wore these pale blue socks with the shoes today. I think non patterned socks go with the shoes, rather than bold patterned ones like I had on yesterday.

hc=jIUfC4jicocQ7kNvgENfBUs&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Yup - that's better

So you wouldn't recommend the yellow with shocking pink cherries then?! 🤔 :laugh: ;)

hc=n-BIUb2oKn0Q7kNvgFr8MgT&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

Gwylan

Veteran

on a Friday

sigh

Our house rule is that socks can only leave the airing cupboard in correct pairs.
Then every few months we have a review, pair up any pairs and jet the rest to recycling.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Our house rule is that socks can only leave the airing cupboard in correct pairs.
Then every few months we have a review, pair up any pairs and jet the rest to recycling.

I put my washed socks on a clothes rack. I leave them there till needed, which could be weeks, then take them off to wear, then put them in my wash bag after use. I must have about 15 pairs of summer socks and maybe 6 or 7 pairs of winter socks. Why/how do you recycle socks? 🤔 I don't think charity shops would want them as I never see socks in their shops, not that I'd buy them if they did.:thumbsdown: :laugh: I either bin socks or use them when polishing my shoes. Although being a clothes hoarder I have many pairs unworn in years in a drawer, just in case I just might want to wear them one day.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

grldtnr

Über Member

on a Friday

sigh

You can wear 'matched ' odd socks ,you know! One will be a L footed sock, the other R footed, be bound to a 'matching' pr somewhere.
Sod convention! As long as I have mainly black socks, isn't much of a problem really

Gwylan

Veteran
I put my washed socks on a clothes rack. I leave them there till needed, which could be weeks, then take them off to wear, then put them in my wash bag after use. I must have about 15 pairs of summer socks and maybe 6 or 7 pairs of winter socks. Why/how do you recycle socks? 🤔 I don't think charity shops would want them as I never see socks in their shops, not that I'd buy them if they did.:thumbsdown: :laugh: I either bin socks or use them when polishing my shoes. Although being a clothes hoarder I have many pairs unworn in years in a drawer, just in case I just might want to wear them one day.:rolleyes:

The Salvation Army have bins around the town for recycling textile material.

Suspect most of it ends up getting shipped to countries and burned as fuel for industry.
Very eco friendly, but I tried.

grldtnr

Über Member
The Salvation Army have bins around the town for recycling textile material.

Suspect most of it ends up getting shipped to countries and burned as fuel for industry.
Very eco friendly, but I tried.

If I'm bovvered to clean the bike, I use old socks to do that, then they go I to the recycle bag to be disposed, probably segregated then either burnt or recycled.
You do hear stories of or being shipped around to a 3rd world country to be 'Processed' .
I'd be interested to learn what actually happens to my recycling refuse, is it recycled here ,or carted off, I suspect the tins, glass and certain plastics are, the rest is exported.

Top Bottom