The men's dress style thread..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
The suit arrived yesterday. I tried the jacket on, knowing it'd fit perfectly but I wanted to see how it and the colour looked. I haven't tried the waistcoat and trousers on yet, but no doubt they will also fit well.

View attachment 728006

View attachment 728007

View attachment 728008

View attachment 728009

View attachment 728010

View attachment 728011

View attachment 728012

View attachment 728013

I wore the suit yesterday in 80 Fahrenheit/27 Celsius 'heat', minus the waistcoat. I've been wearing it on warm days, but yesterday was the first time I've worn it in such conditions. I must say I'm happy with the airflow of the material's weave. 🧐 :okay:

Drago

Legendary Member
I'm a bit of a trendsetter, a man at the cutting edge of fashion.

Last summer I made the move into camo shorts. This year everyone is wearing them.

grldtnr

Über Member
That's coz it's so good! That isn't a garbage bin, that's a man , baby!
( Channeling my 'inner' Austin Powers, international man of mystery ♂️ )

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Sooo tempting!! 🤔 🧐

View attachment 735033
https://www.cordings.co.uk/navy-bambridge-linen-jacket.html

£695 down to £436.50 for the 3 piece suit.
I just had to have it! 🧐 Not long after I bought the suit my sizes for the three items sold out. 🧐

hc=8S8I1WR_H08Q7kNvgG5dzJC&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

hc=0j7-vDzZVFUQ7kNvgGByujt&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg

hc=eiqUUwUnMpkQ7kNvgFW4oyZ&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

hc=ar2QYDriBqUQ7kNvgGzFaMD&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

hc=UWwEqiFzDxwQ7kNvgGJnZii&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg

hc=rTZgzGshEI8Q7kNvgEaOqUQ&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg

hc=mXBgvHkRhY8Q7kNvgHs7DmE&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

hc=WUa7uujvjlgQ7kNvgF25fdu&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

hc=UKKP8v2NhVkQ7kNvgEnKUet&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg

hc=wMacWRocmb0Q7kNvgFcx_lk&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

hc=6SPjx6QLrYgQ7kNvgHaTJO6&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg

Attachments

• hc=ar2QYDriBqUQ7kNvgGzFaMD&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg
    hc=ar2QYDriBqUQ7kNvgGzFaMD&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 4
  • hc=6SPjx6QLrYgQ7kNvgHaTJO6&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg
    hc=6SPjx6QLrYgQ7kNvgHaTJO6&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I'm on the verge of buying this monocle. I thought about this one https://www.monoclemadness.co.uk/products/gold-monocle-chain?variant=42184209367196 but it's just the same as the one below, but with a gold chain. I have a long thin 9 carat gold chain so why buy a gold plated one I ask. 🧐
View attachment 732040
https://www.monoclemadness.co.uk/pr...rat=e5_desc&pr_rec_id=4a26ce03e&pr_rec_pid=16

View attachment 732041

View attachment 732042

How Do You Wear A Monocle?​

The monocle should not be 'gripped' using the muscles around the eye. The gallery (the raised top and bottom rim of the monocle) should be horizontal and is there to keep the lens away from the eye for improved comfort and a more secure fit.
Step 1:Hold the monocle eyepiece by the loop where the pendent meets the monocle (See FIG. 01.) and 'tip it' so the top gallery makes contact first with the loose skin between the eyebrow and the top of the eyelid.Step 2:Then with a slight upward motion the bottom gallery should be brought in to contact with the skin at the bottom of the eye socket.Step 3:
With practice, this quick and easy manoeuvre will hold the monocle loosely but firmly in place.
You might also want to try placing the bottom gallery on the upper cheek first (See FIG. 02.) and then place the upper gallery in position whilst raising the eyebrow.
You might also find it easier initially if the monocle is placed closer to the corner of the eye, just play around within the mirror and experiment.
When the monocle is in position in front of the eye, both eyes should remain open. You will then find your brain compensates for both reading sight (through the monocle) and natural distance vision as seen through the unaffected eye and surprisingly you can see both without blurring.

It arrived today after quite a delay due to the gold chains not being sent in time by the suppliers.

hc=-KhYpbGyOwwQ7kNvgFuMeTf&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg

hc=6BUnmHLbWMwQ7kNvgFCEw_r&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg

hc=qU0Yz0HjjQQQ7kNvgEeX4tk&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom