The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I see Utd are getting stuffed at home.......again. You have to wonder how long ten Hag can carry on finding excuses and keep his job?

A long time hopefully :smile:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
More of this International break stuff nonsense next week!! They've only been back playing Premiership and Football League games for a fortnight, then they're off again next week!! I didn't know about it till I heard that the League 2 match between Fleetwood and Colchester has been postponed due to some Fleetwood squad player being involved in the Outer Hebrides (or some similar none entity) squad as a call up, in case other players are injured. I for one am sick of these pointless internationals and the way they now affect the domestic game at all levels, not just the Premier League and the Championship!!:thumbsdown:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scores-fixtures/2024-10-12

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
More of this International break stuff nonsense next week!! They've only been back playing Premiership and Football League games for a fortnight, then they're off again next week!! I didn't know about it till I heard that the League 2 match between Fleetwood and Colchester has been postponed due to some Fleetwood squad player being involved in the Outer Hebrides (or some similar none entity) squad as a call up, in case other players are injured. I for one am sick of these pointless internationals and the way they now affect the domestic game at all levels, not just the Premier League and the Championship!!:thumbsdown:

Waste of time. No interest in international football whatsoever.

Chislenko

Veteran

Your opinion and you are entitled to it. However some of us look forward to international games and find it quite insulting when you refer to countries as " non entities"

Chislenko

Veteran
Countries?! They are mere islands, given international status to make up the numbers! :rolleyes:

A very entitled and arrogant viewpoint.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
A very entitled and arrogant viewpoint.
More a realistic one I'd say. Those tiny 'nations' win bugger all matches, unless they play another given nation status just to make up the numbers team. They are there to have points taken off them by proper nations, but not only points it's goals scored against them that mainly count, if goal difference is needed to determine the outcome of a qualifying group. Why should Fleetwood Town and Colchester United supporters have their intended Saturday match cancelled just because a Fleetwood player might be needed on the subs bench of some 'island nation'?! Having said that maybe it's the players clubs who ask for the postponement and not UEFA or whoever calling such matches off. If so then they should use other players from their squads, like they'd do if a player was injured, not called up for 'international duty'. Fleetwood Town probably has 20 or so players capable of playing in their League 2 team, so one player not being available for Saturday shouldn't be a problem.

PaulSB

Squire
I dislike the international break and so agree with those who don't. @Accy cyclist needs to understand his post is factually inaccurate and rudely dismissive of other countries.

Fleetwood players are representing Guyana (pop 800,000+) CONCAF cup, UAE (pop 10 million) Asia Cup, Northern Ireland U21s (pop 1.9 million) U21s Euros.

I'm not sure when Northern Ireland became a "mere island" or "island nation." Anyone want to express that view in a Belfast pub? Or tell Hebrideans their islands are non-entities? Try that one in Glasgow.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I dislike the international break and so agree with those who don't. @Accy cyclist needs to understand his post is factually inaccurate and rudely dismissive of other countries.

Fleetwood players are representing Guyana (pop 800,000+) CONCAF cup, UAE (pop 10 million) Asia Cup, Northern Ireland U21s (pop 1.9 million) U21s Euros.

I'm not sure when Northern Ireland became a "mere island" or "island nation." Anyone want to express that view in a Belfast pub? Or tell Hebrideans their islands are non-entities? Try that one in Glasgow.

You liked my post about this nonsense, yet now you try to contradict it. 🤔 Make your mind up dear chap! 🧐 I didn't mean the likes of Northern Ireland I meant the likes of The Faroe Islands, Gibraltar et al. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

PaulSB

Squire
You liked my post about this nonsense, yet now you try to contradict it. 🤔 Make yo're mind up dear chap! 🧐 🧐
I liked your post regarding the break and said I dislike the international break. I then pointed out to you your post is factually inaccurate and rude. That's two different opinions.

You expect people to believe your remarks in this forum but even more so elsewhere. If you want that make sure what you post is true or it gets dismissed as attention seeking.

Top Bottom