The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Squire
It seems you're in the minority regarding your oh so wonderful 'minnow nation teams'. Just listening to Talk TV's Sunday night show, I'm hearing guests and the presenter saying how annoying it us to have ANOTHER international break for 'glorified friendlies' disguised as an international tournament involving 'tin pot teams'.:cuppa:

Go back and read what I posted, then you will understand I agree with the overall point but disagreed with your post as it was factually inaccurate. Let me remind you this is what you said:

"Fleetwood squad player being involved in the Outer Hebrides (or some similar none entity) squad as a call up"

In fact Fleetwood players are on duty with Guyana, the UAE and Northern Ireland and not a non-entity similar to the Outer Hebrides, to quote your words.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Go back and read what I posted, then you will understand I agree with the overall point but disagreed with your post as it was factually inaccurate. Let me remind you this is what you said:

"Fleetwood squad player being involved in the Outer Hebrides (or some similar none entity) squad as a call up"

In fact Fleetwood players are on duty with Guyana, the UAE and Northern Ireland and not a non-entity similar to the Outer Hebrides, to quote your words.

Ok, maybe if you have 3 players involved in international games (excluding friendlies) then yes cancel their teams fixture(s), but just 1 player away on 'international duty' shouldn't be a problem for their club.

PaulSB

Squire

Alex321

Guru
Ok, maybe if you have 3 players involved in international games (excluding friendlies) then yes cancel their teams fixture(s), but just 1 player away on 'international duty' shouldn't be a problem for their club.

The top two divisions cancel the entire program.

Any team in the lower divisions who has an international level player, it probably WILL make a big difference if that one player is away.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Because, as you would be well aware if you had any actual interest in football, rather than just in trolling, those are not remotely similar.

What do you know about my interest in football??!! I've watched it since 1970, and watched live football since 1971! By the way for your information, it's called having and voicing an opinion, not trolling, but your type only like one opinion which is your own!!!

Alex321

Guru
What do you know about my interest in football??!! I've watched it since 1970, and watched live football since 1971!

I know nothing about your interest in football.

But nobody with any significant interest in football could have asked that question seriously.

The situations are just so utterly obviously completely different.

By the way for your information, it's called having and voicing an opinion, not trolling,

When posted just to get a reaction, it is trolling.

but your type only like one opinion which is your own!!!

I would say pot-kettle-black, but it really isn't true about me.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
I get that Accy in my opinion has made a clumsy comment which i disagree with, but its difficult to accuse someone have having little to no interest in football when that person has made 34 pages worth of contributions to this football thread...

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I get that Accy in my opinion has made a clumsy comment which i disagree with, but its difficult to accuse someone have having little to no interest in football when that person has made 34 pages worth of contributions to this football thread...

And I support Accrington Stanley which definitely isn't an armchair fan, glory hunter, wears the shirt but never goes club/team!! :okay:

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
And I support Accrington Stanley which definitely isn't an armchair fan, glory hunter, wears the shirt but never goes club/team!! :okay:

Im a Walsall supporter. The exact opposite of "glory". :laugh:

Although, other than the fleetwood result, we've had a good start!

We'll gloss over Accrington Stanley's start... :laugh:

Alex321

Guru

I'm really accusing him of not being serious in asking that question. Not the initial questiuon about why should they get a game postponed when missing only one player, but the follow up about why shouldn't suspensions and injuries be treated the same.

I.e. Of trolling.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Football shouldn't be about bickering, rather to bring people together.

In that spirit, something I think all right minded people can get behind:

Teach a man a joke and he'll laugh for a minute

Teach a man about Man U and he'll laugh forever

AndyRM

XOXO
The international break comes at an inconvenient time for Killie (now unbeaten in 4).

We'd gone 1-1, 2-2 and 3-3 before winning 2-3 against Dundee on Saturday having been 2-0 with 85 minutes on the clock.

That's only the second time a deficit like that has been overturned in Scotland since the turn of the century.

We drew 3 of our fixtures with Dundee last season too, all featuring late equalising goals.

It's not really a surprise as their manager was our first team coach until they poached him.

I've always had an irrational dislike of Dundee for some reason, for no reason, I just do. Outside the Old Firm, then (usually) Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen, we're all much of a muchness so it's hard to form a proper hatred for another side.

It generally comes down to horrible stadiums, overly officious stewards or terrible pies when getting exercised about another side.

Top Bottom