The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Aye, and maybe you are a pr1ck mate. :okay:

There's no need to be rude, you asked the question.

Red17

Guru
Unlike a few on here I really enjoyed the tournament. Plenty of good football and close matches, especially with most of the so called bigger teams underperforming.

One thing I really liked was the experiment with only the captain approaching the ref, would love to see that extended to the Championship and Premier league.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Yes I'd take Guardiola everyday but that's not going to happen.
Klopp or Xabi Alonso would also be a good fit?
Knowing the FA if Southgate goes they will probably play safe.
Might go back for Allardyce or 'Arry ;)^_^

Guardiola would probably not enjoy international work. He needs total buy in from all players which you don’t have as an international manager. You have to work with what you’re given and fit a few square pegs into round holes.
The manager get a few days a year to work with players. Most of their time is spent scouting players and smoothing relationships with the managers of the premiership teams who employ the players. Then making sure players are happy once they get together.
I think it is time for Southgate to move on. He’s been a very steady influence.
I suspect a new manager could get more a bit out of the players, but it’s a very fine tightrope so you could equally see a spectacular failure.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I hadn't thought about Redknapp but that's not a bad shout really.

not bad if you're Scottish fan and want to see England do badly maybe. hasn't he been retired for about 10 years.

Southgate might be a bit cautious in his style of play, but he is the most successful manager we've had for a long time. I wouldn't be surprised if he stepped down though, it must be damn stressful.

If he does go, Eddie Howe would be good, but would take some tempting away from Newcastle. One of the pundits mentioned Frank Lampard, I'm not sure about that. or they could do what they did with Southgate, promote from U21's with Lee Carsley.

AndyRM

XOXO
not bad if you're Scottish fan and want to see England do badly maybe. hasn't he been retired for about 10 years.

Southgate might be a bit cautious in his style of play, but he is the most successful manager we've had for a long time. I wouldn't be surprised if he stepped down though, it must be damn stressful.

If he does go, Eddie Howe would be good, but would take some tempting away from Newcastle. One of the pundits mentioned Frank Lampard, I'm not sure about that. or they could do what they did with Southgate, promote from U21's with Lee Carsley.

What does being Scottish have to do with anything? I've commended Southgate more than once on this thread.

Newcastle are having a bit of a crisis right now, Howe would be a curveball of an appointment but it's not beyond the realms of possibility.

Mourinho might have been a shout too, but he's at Fenerbahce now.

Top Bottom