The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If Scottish fans think the rest of Europe share their little-brother complex issues wrt England, I think they're mistaken.
--------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/29068282/chelsea-spain-marc-cucurella-booed/

'ELL TO PAY

Chelsea & Spain star Marc Cucurella mercilessly booed with every touch by NEUTRAL FANS in Euro 2024 semi-final with France​

The boos were deafening in Munich

Last edited:

AndyRM

XOXO
Meh, it was on an English jokes page I follow.

I don't particularly care, I just thought it was funny. Most of the comments on the page are super defensive, which is vaguely ironic.

Chislenko

Veteran
Meh, it was on an English jokes page I follow.

I don't particularly care, I just thought it was funny. Most of the comments on the page are super defensive, which is vaguely ironic.

I opened my secret Euro 24 sweep envelope in the pub last night, it was £10 to enter a few weeks back, the barman tells me Holland and France still haven't been opened. So I am feeling optimistic about winning a prize as only a few envelopes are still to be opened.

And who do I get..... Scotland!!

AndyRM

XOXO
ezgif-7-86a765f430.gif

Slick

Guru
I opened my secret Euro 24 sweep envelope in the pub last night, it was £10 to enter a few weeks back, the barman tells me Holland and France still haven't been opened. So I am feeling optimistic about winning a prize as only a few envelopes are still to be opened.

And who do I get..... Scotland!!

Oh contraire mon ami, I reckon its a sign, as Scotland beat Spain remember. :becool:

Dave7

Legendary Member
So.......what are your predictions for tonight's footy.
I got it wrong for the Holland game so am the least qualified to predict this one.
Spain are definitely the favourites but it's the final with lots of pressure so it could go either way.

AndyRM

XOXO
So.......what are your predictions for tonight's footy.
I got it wrong for the Holland game so am the least qualified to predict this one.
Spain are definitely the favourites but it's the final with lots of pressure so it could go either way.

I've been using this tournament to introduce my daughter to international football, having raised her on a diet of my own exploits at Sunday League, 5-a-side and non League.

She's now learned that "six or seven" is a fairly unlikely winning margin at this level so has gone with England winning 3 - 2.

Good luck my English chums, I think you'll need it.

Slick

Guru
I'm in Warrington tonight, so it will be interesting watching it amongst the fans.

I do like the wind ups, but I'm going to buck the trend a little and say, why wouldn't I hope my nearest neighbours get a bit of success and win the Euros?

Prediction wise, obviously Spain are very strong favourites and do have the potential of doing the job in 90 minutes, but England are tough to beat and also have potential match winners across the pitch. Long way of saying, its all in the melting pot, but all the best and just enjoy it. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

AndyRM

XOXO
I'm in Warrington tonight, so it will be interesting watching it amongst the fans.

I do like the wind ups, but I'm going to buck the trend a little and say, why wouldn't I hope my nearest neighbours get a bit of success and win the Euros?

Prediction wise, obviously Spain are very strong favourites and do have the potential of doing the job in 90 minutes, but England are tough to beat and also have potential match winners across the pitch. Long way of saying, its all in the melting pot, but all the best and just enjoy it. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Well said.

This is my fantasy team for tonight.

Screenshot_2024-07-14-08-19-34-56_93a81080d2d79208bec4a3b6348a28e6~2.jpg

May swap Guehi for Stones, and I'm thinking about Bellingham for Saka (but they're kind of interchangeable).

In an ideal world I'd have Gordon there too but Southgate doesn't seem to like him for whatever reason.

Slick

Guru
Well said.

This is my fantasy team for tonight.

View attachment 737432

May swap Guehi for Stones, and I'm thinking about Bellingham for Saka (but they're kind of interchangeable).

In an ideal world I'd have Gordon there too but Southgate doesn't seem to like him for whatever reason.

Got to be honest, I signed up for the league then never did another thing about it. :sad:

Top Bottom