The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chislenko

Veteran
Apologies, watching the game with Serbo-Croat commentary, what was the injury / condition with the bloke who was spark out for a few minutes.

I certainly didn't see a lot of contact?

AndyRM

XOXO
Apologies, watching the game with Serbo-Croat commentary, what was the injury / condition with the bloke who was spark out for a few minutes.

I certainly didn't see a lot of contact?

Said towards the end of the Beeb coverage that he was conscious and stable. Certainly didn't seem to be much (if any) contact.

AndyRM

XOXO
'Nuff said...

IMG_0180.jpeg.2ed47206bbe1a4a2a1f427e81b7a292e.jpeg

Seevio

Guru
I've now seen the incident again a few times. First things first, it doesn't look "obviously" offside as this gloriously accurate screenshot shows:
1719186087285.png

I have amended my opinion from not a penalty to it's one of those that can go either way. Hamilton definitely hopped into the path of the oncoming Orban in a deliberate move. Whether Orban could be reasonably expected to avoid collision is the question here.

AndyRM

XOXO
I've now seen the incident again a few times. First things first, it doesn't look "obviously" offside as this gloriously accurate screenshot shows:
View attachment 735179
I have amended my opinion from not a penalty to it's one of those that can go either way. Hamilton definitely hopped into the path of the oncoming Orban in a deliberate move. Whether Orban could be reasonably expected to avoid collision is the question here.

If he's offside it's by something stupid like a fingernail.

Armstrong has played for and won the ball and has every right to position his body the way he does. It's poor anticipation from Orban who gave the referee a decision to make and, IMO, he got it wrong.

No matter. On the strength (if you can call it that) of our performances we didn't deserve to go through. The consensus among Killie fans at least is that Clarke's time is up, and I have to agree. Qualifying for two tournaments is a great achievement but he hasn't been able to find that next level so it's time for someone with the experience required for that.

Klinsmann is name rumour/wild bit of speculation who I think would do quite well. Actually picks players on form rather than past glories. I mean, Hanley FFS? Loved him on his day but he's been finished for a good year now.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Didn't they expect him not to have a life outside South Korean football or something? And I'm sure he said he got wrong for smiling after a defeat.

It's very unlikely but he knows his stuff.

I think he's lost his focus. A few years out the game and a "couldn't care less" attitude with the Koreans. He's done.

AndyRM

XOXO
I think he's lost his focus. A few years out the game and a "couldn't care less" attitude with the Koreans. He's done.

Probably. Like I said, very unlikely but you never know.

I'm struggling to think who would be interested to be honest. Moyes would be a possibility but I don't think he has any interest in the job.

Chislenko

Veteran
Probably. Like I said, very unlikely but you never know.

I'm struggling to think who would be interested to be honest. Moyes would be a possibility but I don't think he has any interest in the job.

The problem you have is similar to our problem. No matter who manages Scotland or Wales our respective player pools are small compared to the bigger nations.

I appreciate Croatia did very well for a small population country over the last 10-15 years but it now looks like the end of the road for that particular bunch of players and will they have the next generation.

When I look at the current squads of Scotland and Wales I just don't see any Bale, Rush, Southall, Dalglish, Hansen etc.

It thinks it will be hard work for both teams for some years ahead.

AndyRM

XOXO
The problem you have is similar to our problem. No matter who manages Scotland or Wales our respective player pools are small compared to the bigger nations.

I appreciate Croatia did very well for a small population country over the last 10-15 years but it now looks like the end of the road for that particular bunch of players and will they have the next generation.

When I look at the current squads of Scotland and Wales I just don't see any Bale, Rush, Southall, Dalglish, Hansen etc.

It thinks it will be hard work for both teams for some years ahead.

Yeah, there's nobody coming through like that for either of us, really. Uruguay are similarly tiny but have won loads.

Nevin reckons we have a World Cup left in us. I think he's been on the Buckie...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cg666v565wzo

We seem incapable of nurturing talent, and in Scotland at least that's because the SFA are totally incompetent and can't see past the Old Firm who could/should be investing their wealth in the Scottish game but instead go for "glamorous" foreign players. It's absolutely maddening and will probably never change, such is the level of expectation on those sides (from their fans, and also outsiders who see Scotland as "needing" them).

To be honest the Welsh set up is even more mental with the biggest sides playing in England, how's that meant to help?!

Alex321

Guru
Yeah, there's nobody coming through like that for either of us, really. Uruguay are similarly tiny but have won loads.

Nevin reckons we have a World Cup left in us. I think he's been on the Buckie...

We seem incapable of nurturing talent, and in Scotland at least that's because the SFA are totally incompetent and can't see past the Old Firm who could/should be investing their wealth in the Scottish game but instead go for "glamorous" foreign players. It's absolutely maddening and will probably never change, such is the level of expectation on those sides (from their fans, and also outsiders who see Scotland as "needing" them).

To be honest the Welsh set up is even more mental with the biggest sides playing in England, how's that meant to help?!

Well it does mean that the Welsh players who play for those sides get high level competition, with Swansea and Cardiff both currently in the championship, and both having been in the premier league fairly recently.

But I think the top players in both countries tend to play for foreign clubs (Where English clubs count as foreign for this purpose).

AndyRM

XOXO
Well it does mean that the Welsh players who play for those sides get high level competition, with Swansea and Cardiff both currently in the championship, and both having been in the premier league fairly recently.

But I think the top players in both countries tend to play for foreign clubs (Where English clubs count as foreign for this purpose).

That "high level competition" isn't really working out so well though, is it...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wales_national_football_team#Players

It's easier to see why Scotland aren't working from our list...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotland_national_football_team#Players

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"

Yebbut, Colt teams n'at

Top Bottom