The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Maybe the ref thinks Scotland is part of England and he's getting revenge for the Falklands?

He's been good, but I don't know why he wouldn't take a look at that

T4tomo

Legendary Member
That was shocking, don't know if VAR looked at it, but even as an English fan, that was Scotland penalty all day long

AndyRM

XOXO
Typically Scottish way to go out.

On the break was the way they were set up to play, we just seemed trying to not lose. Weird.

Clarke's approach is all well and good when it works but it hasn't been for too long now. As I said up thread his rigidity has become an issue.

The only reason I can see for it not being a penalty is that Armstrong had a hold of the Hungarian's shirt.

I wasn't expecting to get out of the group to be honest, but we only had one half decent performance all tournament which is very disappointing.

Seevio

Guru
Didn't look like a penalty to me based on a couple of replays on a far away TV in the pub. Looked like the striker deliberately left his foot out for defender to hit it. I reserve the right to change my mind once I've had a better look.

AndyRM

XOXO
Didn't look like a penalty to me based on a couple of replays on a far away TV in the pub. Looked like the striker deliberately left his foot out for defender to hit it. I reserve the right to change my mind once I've had a better look.

I think you might be!

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk

Even if that had been the case, penalties are given every week for minor contact with legs that are dangled or dragged at the most unnatural angles. This wasn't one of those, Orban simply came through him as he shielded the ball, which was in his possession.

Slick

Guru
For me, I can't blame any individual for another early exit. Yes, tonight was poor, but the truth is we need to keep it tight to stay in the game and when we opened up, it became a lottery that we sadly lost. A campaign that saw us beat the Spaniards and even the Norwegians was class, and that will be my memories of these championships.

Top Bottom