The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Red17

Guru
Watching England I was left thinking they had brought the walking football team by mistake.

Watching England I was left thinking they had brought the walking football team by mistake.

I turned on for the 83rd minute - didn't realise it was an afternoon game!
It looked like a normal 1-1 draw being played out by two teams who really don't want to lose. Then I picked up the commentary vibe that ENG had been really terrible all game.

I'm happy to take their word for it, especially as Southgate agreed. Never mind, we've almost certainly qualified, and teams have won it with a-goal-a-game before!

AndyRM

XOXO
I turned on for the 83rd minute - didn't realise it was an afternoon game!
It looked like a normal 1-1 draw being played out by two teams who really don't want to lose. Then I picked up the commentary vibe that ENG had been really terrible all game.

I'm happy to take their word for it, especially as Southgate agreed. Never mind, we've almost certainly qualified, and teams have won it with a-goal-a-game before!

Do you mean just by winning 1 - 0 (to the Arsenal) or just by a goal a game? I could only think of Greece who might have managed to win it by a 1 - 0 scoreline but I'm not entirely sure about that.

Alex321

Guru
Do you mean just by winning 1 - 0 (to the Arsenal) or just by a goal a game? I could only think of Greece who might have managed to win it by a 1 - 0 scoreline but I'm not entirely sure about that.

I think he means their total average over the competition is scoring 1 goal per game (and he won't be counting penalty shootout goals of course).

AndyRM

XOXO
I think he means their total average over the competition is scoring 1 goal per game (and he won't be counting penalty shootout goals of course).

I'm not interested in average goals per game to be honest.

I looked up Greece's victory in '04.

They scored one goal every game, other than their opener when they managed two.

I remember watching the final in the pub, with everyone cheering for Greece basically because they hated Ronaldo.

Chislenko

Veteran
Surprising nobody Wales have sacked Page.

An outside punt might be Bellamy as a replacement perhaps?

Craig Bellamy will no doubt be in the running but most Welsh fans would like to see Osian Roberts get the job.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
According to the radio, there's someone from near to me Bury playing for Hungary, as I post!:ohmy: Who is it I wonder? 🤔

ye--0KAeSI6a03NY6jzjBqwv26ySWTaKgDD3X5?w=650&h=200.png

Top Bottom