The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
I've seen Trabzonspor. Against Erzurumspor. Cracking atmosphere. After about an hour all the home fans started chanting something and pointing at the Trabzon keeper. So the GF and I joined in. Someone tapped me on the back and said it was immoral for GF to join in. They were chanting the keeper was a homo.

Erzurum won, 1 - 0. 93 minute very dubious penalty. The ref probably thought they deserved the home advantage.

We got Cercle Brugge, and we're at home in the first leg. Fourth in Scotland playing fifth in Belgium seems about fair to me so I'm happy with that.

Although they had the top scorer in the Belgian league last season, Kevin Denkey, who'd better be good or I know how his name will be interpreted!

Slick

Guru
Yeah, I'd agree. We're rarely blessed with pacy forward thinking players and when we are they're not used wisely. Ikechi Anya springs to mind.

Even if we had a Kris Boyd type of player we'd be more potent in attack.

Hopefully we will see a very different Scotland tonight.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Yeah, I'd agree. We're rarely blessed with pacy forward thinking players and when we are they're not used wisely. Ikechi Anya springs to mind.

Even if we had a Kris Boyd type of player we'd be more potent in attack.

As a Boro fan, I struggle to think of a problem where "Kris Boyd" is the solution. He was a farking donkey.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Exactly.

A consistent goal-scorer who if played correctly would always do a job for you.
I think that underlines the quality of the Scottish league vs the Championship, he was hopeless, one of a number of underwhelming Gordon Strachan signings.

Chislenko

Veteran
So we are on holiday, my other half is Scottish and the next door neighbours are Swiss.

We are all off to the pub to watch the game, could be interesting!!!

Thankfully I am neutral 😊

AndyRM

XOXO
Good sleuthing!

Anyway good luck to the Scots tonight! Lets hope they can nick a win against the Swissies, or at least a point to keep them in the hunt.

First result on Google, did make me chuckle! Though I do take your point about him being a bigger fish in Scotland.

And as @Slick said he really is a top chap. His younger brother, Scott, went out on his own terms with no explanation in 2016. Kris set up a charity which does a lot of work around mental health issues and has had really positive results by all accounts.

He was in his final stint for us at the time and we had a player called Scott Boyd (totally unrelated). He never said anything but I imagine that must have been really tough/weird.

Anyway, I'm cautiously optimistic about our chances tonight.

If we get pasted though I'm staking a claim to "Toblerowned" before the media get there!

Slick

Guru
First result on Google, did make me chuckle! Though I do take your point about him being a bigger fish in Scotland.

And as @Slick said he really is a top chap. His younger brother, Scott, went out on his own terms with no explanation in 2016. Kris set up a charity which does a lot of work around mental health issues and has had really positive results by all accounts.

He was in his final stint for us at the time and we had a player called Scott Boyd (totally unrelated). He never said anything but I imagine that must have been really tough/weird.

Anyway, I'm cautiously optimistic about our chances tonight.

If we get pasted though I'm staking a claim to "Toblerowned" before the media get there!

I knew about the charity and I always felt he never forgot his roots. Did he not donate his signing on fee to the Kilmarnock youths when he came to Ibrox.

Either way, he's a cracking bloke.

Top Bottom