The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The tournament format was arranged long before covid
yes it was, good point!
But I'm sure you'd agree that some teams would have various advantages in any scenario.

I take my hat off to the Welsh fans who negotiated the tricky pandemic regs to support their team in a country far-far-away.:notworthy:
(I await news on how many manage to attend every Welsh fixture ... )

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
it's amazing how many union flags were being flown, presumably by England supporters, given that they had just scored! I would really love to ask them, at a Scotland v England match, just which team are you supporting? The flag represents both nations, as well as Northern Ireland, of course.
If i went to an England match and had to wave a flag i wouldn't have a problem waving the union flag because i believe in the union of our 4 home nations.

Below is my three lions or three leopards as it's supposedly meant to be called flag.

This actual flag was flown in the second crusade when England fought 'Johnny foreigner' in the holy lands!!🧐

The flag is 870 years old,hence the slight wear and tear!:whistle:

1623672304771.png

Chislenko

Veteran
What I always find funny is the way England go on about the Three Lions, even writing songs about it.

The actual flag they use is the one they claimed from Llewellyn ap Gruffudd, the last Prince of Wales after defeating in battle.

So they are actually playing with a Welsh Standard on their chest.

The standard of Llewellyn ap Gruffudd....look familiar?

What I always find funny is the way England go on about the Three Lions, even writing songs about it.

The actual flag they use is the one they claimed from Llewellyn ap Gruffudd, the last Prince of Wales after defeating in battle.

So they are actually playing with a Welsh Standard on their chest.
(Exactly how many songs are we talking about??)

You know how parents often take their kids' drawings to work and show them off, no matter how bad they are?

No boo-ing of the opposition national anthem at Hampden.
Unlike the Croatian national anthem, yesterday :rolleyes:.
I'm with you on that. Wait until the players have done something worth booing!
(although various coverage says that the boo-ing was drowned-out by cheering, so I'm happy to believe it was a minority - just as I'm sure it's only a minority of Scots that support whoever-is-playing-England :-) )

Brandane

Legendary Member
- just as I'm sure it's only a minority of Scots that support whoever-is-playing-England :-) )
:laugh::laugh::laugh:. Nothing against England as a nation, or it's people, or even it's football team. No, it's just the breathtaking arrogance and entitlement of your media which makes most non English (not just us Scots) support ABE..

Top Bottom