The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
But most English people will be cheering for Scotland.

Which annoys the hell out of the Scots ^_^^_^^_^

Brandane

Legendary Member
Must win on friday now for Scotland, can't see it happening based on that performance.
My honest opinion is that we have no chance on Friday; and not much of a chance against Croatia either.
As a member of the generation whose interest in international football peaked with the 1978 world cup in Argentina, my expectations of Scotland have always been low! Even against the "diddy teams", you know, the likes of Iran (1978), Costa Rica (1990), England (1996) etc.. :okay:

PaulB

Legendary Member
Match report HERE.
Here's another one:

PaulB

Legendary Member
The 'big guns' on today, any surprises? Did Germany really finish bottom of the group in 2018 world cup? Still remember the 2-0 loss to S Korea, never seen a german side in such disarray... surely they will be back to their not-quite best? I don't think France will get it all their own way even though Euro favourites.
Portugal too, what a weird group.

How the groundsmen became the real superstars of football, some getting more attention than the players and managers - and how the UK is the world's leading football pitch superpower!

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/jun/15/silicon-valley-of-turf-uk-perfect-football-pitch

A long read but some fascinating stuff here about how we went from weather-affected quagmires to bowling-green perfect surfaces on which to play the beautiful game.
I can remember going to early season games in August and marveling at how green the pitch looked. It was the only time of the season that it was a carpet of grass, by February you'd be lucky to spot a single blade.

AndyRM

XOXO
"Jocks". Cool. Nice to see that. I know it's not that bad really in the grand scheme of things, but personally I hate it, along with "Taff", "Paddy" and "Mick".

I didn't think we played that badly, the first goal was a poor one to concede, but the Czech's second was amazing. Incredible technique. We didn't take our chances, which has too often been the story.

I'm looking forward to France v Germany tonight. I have French heritage, my girlfriend's mum is French, so I know which side I'll be on.

Top Bottom