The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
One thing I'd love to see is no more extra time, which is always a bit of a bore. If scores are level after 90 minutes straight to penalties, and none of this five each either. First one to miss is out.

One thing I'd love to see is no more extra time, which is always a bit of a bore. If scores are level after 90 minutes straight to penalties, and none of this five each either. First one to miss is out.
Blimey, we've only played one set of group matches! Still, this issue IS going to come up, so well done addressing it head-on:

I can't see your ideas getting any traction, sadly. Yes, the extra-time phase is (on average) a total waste of time; no player wants to make the mistake that loses the game. Missing a pen has become more forgiveable than that, in the bizarre world of footy pundit/fan logic.

I like the idea of sudden-death pens, bound to be a lot quicker. In fact I'd even make it PROPER sudden death; a coin-tosss to see who shoots first, then if you miss the VERY FIRST PEN, you is out. The other team doesn't need to score theirs, that just prolongs the tedium.

Russia scored first against Finland - that opens the group up nicely!

Wales-vs-Turkey could be a good/unpredictable game at 5pm, COME ON YOU REDS!
Which reds? Both teams wear red.

Top Bottom