The Bassist and Guitarist thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Yeah, that's it. Just thinking down to their level broke my brain.

DRM

Guru
In other news, Rory Gallagher’s 1961 Stratocaster sold at auction today £889,400
https://www.bonhams.com/auction/303...tamped-on-neckplate-guitar-38-12in-98cm-long/

DRM

Guru
Me too, no idea who now owns it, but in some way I hope it’s the crowd funding effort, and it stays in Ireland, the one thing up to this point, Rory’s brother and manager wasn’t afraid to let people play it, usually at the annual celebration of Rory gig, Joe Bonamassa was filmed playing it recently but he said he wasn’t going to bid, I thought he might have done, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a collector and it never gets used in anger again

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Me too, no idea who now owns it, but in some way I hope it’s the crowd funding effort, and it stays in Ireland, the one thing up to this point, Rory’s brother and manager wasn’t afraid to let people play it, usually at the annual celebration of Rory gig, Joe Bonamassa was filmed playing it recently but he said he wasn’t going to bid, I thought he might have done, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a collector and it never gets used in anger again

National museum of Ireland, so doubtful it will play another note. :sad:

Top Bottom