The Bassist and Guitarist thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FrothNinja

Veteran
Fixed length ?

Seems to be - or I haven't figured it out properly

1709158144238.png

DRM

Guru
I changed the strings on my Squier Strat last week, and could not get my head round why it sounded funny, off, and just not right, in tune, but not right, these were two packs of Rotosound Pinks 9-42’s I’d found in the house, I’d used one pack when I got the Strat just after Xmas, which were spot on, it was only when I realised that these were around twenty years old! bought when my son was having lessons at school, before deciding it was too hard and giving up, that I thought these are probably off, so I bit the bullet and stuck a new set of D’Addario’s on it, what a difference, normal service resumed, and at least there are no more old strings hanging about.
As an aside after stringing it up and stopping tensioning them before going too far, and was pleased to see that the tuning was not that far out initially by ear, so it seems even my cloth ears are getting tuned in too :okay:

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
I'm an Ernie Ball rounds man. A good compromise between sound, feel and longevity. Just like me.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
I'm a super slinky 105 man on the bass.

Tried D'Addarrios, LaBella, etc, never suited me completely in one way or another, although i still have LaBella's on my '69 Precision. I get on OK with rotosound, but as I get on equally well with Ernie Ball and can get them cheaper if I buy bulk thats what I do.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Turned down a chance to go on tour with "seventies chart group" The Cecilias. If you don't know who they are Google them and you'll see why I politely declined. I think there's a more modern act with the same name - this ain't them!

For some reason they can't get anyone to play bass or keys for them.

Turned down a chance to go on tour with "seventies chart group" The Cecilias. If you don't know who they are Google them and you'll see why I politely declined. I think there's a more modern act with the same name - this ain't them!

For some reason they can't get anyone to play bass or keys for them.
Jeepers, they need someone my age! And the answer would be 'no'.

Top Bottom