The Bassist and Guitarist thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I'm trying the exact same thing! Love a bit of Hillfish... it's definitely delay behind this sort of sound:

As an aside, Howlett's bass playing is second to none. Can't get enough of him.

The guitar is fed into the 'synth' too, the guy 'playing' that can pick certain phrases/licks and loop/modify those bit like Brian Eno used to.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Just back from a jam night. Some woeful musicians out there.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
Anyone happen to know what pedals Steve Hillage used on Fish Rising and the Gong teapot trilogy?
I particular I'm trying to figure out if it's delay or echo or some combo of various pedals.
I have a good wah, and reasonable budget flanger and phaser.

Some kind of voltage controlled resonant filter controlled by something similar looking to a wah wah pedal . Plus lot's of delay type effects ofc.

My friend had one and could do the full Hillage thing.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Some kind of voltage controlled resonant filter controlled by something similar looking to a wah wah pedal . Plus lot's of delay type effects ofc.

My friend had one and could do the full Hillage thing.

I once had a Digitech EX-7 expression factory. There were loads of cool and weird sounds on that, plus the expression pedal

FrothNinja

Veteran
Will putting 22w 3a into a pedal rated for 22w 1a damage it? & does anyone have a Blackstar HT-delay & if so what is the power input diameter, please?
DSC_3383~2.JPG

DSC_3382~2.JPG

It's missing it's power cable and I wondered if the following would work. Don't want to buy a dedicated cable as I don't know if the pedal works, and this one could be useful for other stuff.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Universal-...-35-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9tdGY&th=1

Last edited:

winjim

Smash the cistern

I've been using MyVolts for power supplies. They seem to have a pretty comprehensive database of what's compatible with what. I've got all my synth setup working via USB.

https://myvolts.co.uk/MV_search

FrothNinja

Veteran
Blackstar HT-delay now nestled up to the other pedals. S/H so no instruction book but downloaded one from Blackstar website - using a temporary cable which is a bit flimsy.
Got a Hillage-ish echo on the Space setting but much of the workings are a mystery.
Only thing it doesn't appear to have that I want is a reverse. The Nux time core deluxe II has a good one but no budget left for that.
Looper next....then in no particular order, a fretless bass (maybe a RoxSter or a Danelectro) and a baritone (mayhap the Gretsch one if I can find a cheap enough one)

DRM

Guru
Blimey, that looks a beast of a delay, being digital can you add effects to it, either download, or set it to do something and save it as a preset?
Also I saw on an Andertons video that Squier have just brought out a version of the Bass VI, it looked very nice, would it do what a baritone can, and a bit more besides too.

FrothNinja

Veteran
Not really read the manual yet but I don't think it does either of those things. There is a very short looper which I probably won't bother with.

Top Bottom