Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hey all, I’ve got a months trial of Bkool. Any group rides coming up? :smile:

Yes. Twice a week in the league connected to this forum.

Attachments

• IMG_7898.png
    IMG_7898.png
    51.5 KB · Views: 5

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Hey all, I’ve got a months trial of Bkool. Any group rides coming up? :smile:

Nice to see you Adam it’s been a while.

I think one of the best things about the league is you don’t have to ride at the set time. It’s better too, but you can always do the ride another time if you’re too busy. It can often be a bit of a time trial rather than a pack sort of race though.

Milzy

Guru
Nice to see you Adam it’s been a while.

I think one of the best things about the league is you don’t have to ride at the set time. It’s better too, but you can always do the ride another time if you’re too busy. It can often be a bit of a time trial rather than a pack sort of race though.

Yes, I quit Zwift with the price hike. I know it’s only about 3 premium pub beers but it’s also a gym membership. There’s loads of cheaper and free alternatives, it’s about the principle. Looking back now Zwift is quite annoying. 🤔

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Yes, I quit Zwift with the price hike. I know it’s only about 3 premium pub beers but it’s also a gym membership. There’s loads of cheaper and free alternatives, it’s about the principle. Looking back now Zwift is quite annoying. 🤔

I agree really. I don’t miss zwift at all I don’t think. The team racing was really fun but there’s nothing to stop other apps doing the same. Lee is in a racing league on rouvy that’s really well organised. And the simplicity of Bkool and rouvy really appeal to me. ‘It’s not where you are but who you’re with’ I think the saying goes!

Have you tried indievelo? I tried it last week. The screen layout is a bit of a zwift rip off on first impressions but it’s looking very promising I think. Plus it’s free at the moment so that’s a big bonus!

I agree really. I don’t miss zwift at all I don’t think. The team racing was really fun but there’s nothing to stop other apps doing the same. Lee is in a racing league on rouvy that’s really well organised. And the simplicity of Bkool and rouvy really appeal to me. ‘It’s not where you are but who you’re with’ I think the saying goes!

Have you tried indievelo? I tried it last week. The screen layout is a bit of a zwift rip off on first impressions but it’s looking very promising I think. Plus it’s free at the moment so that’s a big bonus!

I like Rouvy for the workouts. I just signed up for a 6 week increase FTP program. I really used to love the Keirin races in the velodrome in Bkool and they have those in indievelo. I keep missing the timing so haven't done one yet. Maybe this morning.

Milzy

Guru
I use indie velo & mywhoosh too. Very good and free. As I use Garmin connect I need apps that will link to that so I can keep an eye on load/fatigue etc.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Regarding finding the CycleChat league "racemaster", you have to search for the full name, ie. "brusgaard" or "shimceltic" and not just "shim"/"brus". If the racemaster has two or more names, you should be able to search for ie. "Randy" even if his full name is "Randy Berlin (Team CycleChat)", but not just "Rand"...

But for most, the easiest way is to click "Go to my activity" at the top left and select this weeks route there, Rarely will there be anyone else doing that exact route at that exact time. But if so, look for a familiar name, and choose the other session(s) until you find someone you know. :okay:

I will also be there, but judging from my Monday ride with longer uphill sections, I will most like quickly resort to 2wkg and then we are talking 1 hour plus of constant climbing and leg pain...

Welcome to my world.
Edit: I wish I could do 2w/kg for an hour uphill. I've never mastered the higher cadence climb, but instead resort to cranking.

Top Bottom