Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
when do you do it on Saturdays ? I will have a crack at it ,done last weeks on my own but wouldn't mind seeing someone !

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Considering you’re on your way back from nasty injury I don’t think it’s a fair comparison Bruus?

Not that I should be being nice to you. Didn’t you pick that course?!

I’m regretting not lowering my weight before the ride :surrender:

The primary reason is the injury I inflicted on myself in November. Of course, the December COVID (?), winter/spring lung infection, May crash and the current wisdom tooth issue didn’t help either!

On that note, I most likely won’t be riding next Thursday, as the 4th dentist will try removing it earlier that day… :sad:

And no, it was Randy who set up month’s league!

Last edited:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Too much time watching bike fit videos. I was slightly rocking my hips. I should know better

I read a bike fit piece years ago that showed that you want the knee in a vertical line with the pedal when the crank arm is at 3 o’clock. And then I have the saddle height so my knee is very slightly bent / just off straight when the crank arm is at 6 o’clock. I think all my bikes are set up slightly differently and it’s all a bit vague so I’m not saying follow my lead. But it seems to work ok as a rough guide.

I read a bike fit piece years ago that showed that you want the knee in a vertical line with the pedal when the crank arm is at 3 o’clock. And then I have the saddle height so my knee is very slightly bent / just off straight when the crank arm is at 6 o’clock. I think all my bikes are set up slightly differently and it’s all a bit vague so I’m not saying follow my lead. But it seems to work ok as a rough guide.

That is where I have always had my seat. The video had me set my up my phone to look from behind and if the hips were rocking, lower it..
After making that mistake , I'll never get on the internet again.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
That is where I have always had my seat. The video had me set my up my phone to look from behind and if the hips were rocking, lower it..
After making that mistake , I'll never get on the internet again.

Yeah maybe solving one issue but creating another? Does it matter if your hips rock? I’m pretty badly informed with this type of stuff. But maybe that’s not always a bad thing!

Top Bottom