Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Is any body missing the goats league i know i am.
I've started doing the BRVR rides in reverse order of distance. Cheyenne and Magnolia are done (2 and 1/4 hours total so far). I wouldn't say I'm enjoying them, but getting them done on a platform that varies the speed according to your w/kg makes for some slightly longer rides than on bkool.

I'm trying to do them on a Sunday.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Is any body missing the goats league i know i am.
I was always a fan of the goat league. I was often last, but I rode the hills for the challenge rather than to win. Maybe once Winter is Here we can get these back up again and see who joins in :okay:

After yesterdays outing, whether you use the Neo or not, you'll still be getting up those hills faster than me on the Pro. Whatever perceived advantage the pros have mean nothing against a much stronger rider :notworthy::surrender:

Breedon

Legendary Member
I was always a fan of the goat league. I was often last, but I rode the hills for the challenge rather than to win. Maybe once Winter is Here we can get these back up again and see who joins in :okay:

After yesterdays outing, whether you use the Neo or not, you'll still be getting up those hills faster than me on the Pro. Whatever perceived advantage the pros have mean nothing against a much stronger rider :notworthy::surrender:
The live races were good fun as well

AAAC 76C

Large Member
When I was in for mine the surgeon said “nurse, why is the patient wearing glasses”? The nurse then informed him that I was having a local anaesthetic. He the said “oh, good morning”. He was very chatty throughout the procedure but the best was yet to come. He actually cracked a joke... “ a Rabbi slipped during a circumcision... and got the sack”

I was told off for giggling..

I still laugh today..

Before my snip the Doc was going through the normal run of questions to ensure I was doing the right thing for me.
At thee start of the grilling he offered me two aspirin for the pain.
With a bit of a wobble in my voice I told him I was expecting at least a local.
He then explained that aspirin was quite slow acting so it was better to take it early to ward off post of 'aches'.
Got the train back to Yeovil straight after and took two days off work with my feet up and suffered absolutely no ill effects at all.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
@bridgy
For the first time ever I have managed to overlay to graphs from BKool, not very well but none the less this gives a direct comparison of our speed throughout Novembers CG1 and to be honest I can't see how I bested you by 1:30.
My speed is the dotted line and yours the solid graph.
Bridgy and me CG1.png

bridgy

Legendary Member
@bridgy
For the first time ever I have managed to overlay to graphs from BKool, not very well but none the less this gives a direct comparison of our speed throughout Novembers CG1 and to be honest I can't see how I bested you by 1:30.
My speed is the dotted line and yours the solid graph.
View attachment 381951
Nice work! Yeah, hard to see from that where the time was made. I can tell you from my memory of chasing your ghost that you were about 30 seconds ahead of me after the first hill - which I hoped to catch up on the descent - but then were faster on both the steep descent and flat, despite my best efforts!

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Nice work! Yeah, hard to see from that where the time was made. I can tell you from my memory of chasing your ghost that you were about 30 seconds ahead of me after the first hill - which I hoped to catch up on the descent - but then were faster on both the steep descent and flat, despite my best efforts!

I put that down to my new tyre or rather lack of my old one.
I had fitted a 25mm tyre which I hadn't notice was just catching the clamp bolt for my front mech.
In order to more easily fit a chain catcher I bought a braze on adaptor clamp and fitted a braze on mech that I had from a while back.
Because of the location of the hinge on adaptor clamp the bolt sits to the rear of the centre of the downtube and the slightly imperfect circle prescribed by my tyre meant that the tyre was catching very slightly every rev, I also think it was a slow tyre.
My new tyre is a 23mm Crit tyre and has a max working pressure of 145 PSI so I pump it up to 150.
a clamp.jpg
a tyre.jpg

AAAC 76C

Large Member
I had fitted a 25mm tyre which I hadn't notice was just catching the clamp bolt for my front mech.
In order to more easily fit a chain catcher I bought a braze on adaptor clamp and fitted a braze on mech that I had from a while back.
Because of the location of the hinge on adaptor clamp the bolt sits to the rear of the centre of the downtube and the slightly imperfect circle prescribed by my tyre meant that the tyre was catching very slightly every rev, I also think it was a slow tyre.
My new tyre is a 23mm Crit tyre and has a max working pressure of 145 PSI so I pump it up to 150.
View attachment 381969 View attachment 381970

I also fitted a nut under the head of the allen bolt in way of a spacer to be sure.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
View attachment 381969 View attachment 381970
150?!? :eek:

AAAC 76C

Large Member

If the manufacturer says it can take 145 psi static then they are compensating for impact loading and not taking into account rider weight both of which will have a large impact on the 'in ride' pressure.
Riding on a turbo does not have any of the impacts of road imperfections and or bunny hops and at 76kg real weight I am not much of a tyre burster so I can treat myself to an extra few psi on top of the OEM recommendation to reduce drag.
Tyre doping I suppose or even just hot air.

Top Bottom