Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Steve best of luck mate. Hope it all goes smoothly.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
hi Everybody, first let me thank you for all the good wishes, it seems i'm a little more poorly than i had thought, am booked in for a 'Whipple procedure' November 20th, so will be out of action for a while but look forward to competing against you all, (assuming not everybody has deserted by then :whistle: ) some time next year, best wishes
Really bad news mate. Hope everything goes well and looking forward to seeing you back on Bkool next year. All the best :okay:

AAAC 76C

Large Member
When you were about 7 minutes of your previous ghost I thought something was going on. Then I thought o daw you Dead stop going downhill which must have been when you stopped and reset...

Had a weird dead stoppy thing near the start but I think others were in it as well.
I didn't notice at first as I literally had my head down because I knew I would have to kill myself on the climb to get close to Jacob.
My avatar was crawling along and I was topping 500 BKW. When I realised I was in BSim slime I backed off and it catapulted me forwards and I got back to the business.
I was head down all the way to the top so I may have had some other odd moments on the climb that I didn't even notice so I was pretty surprised when I looked up when the pressure dies off on the decent to see how far I was ahead as @Brusgaard was holding his own on the climb when I was looking.
I wasn't until I had hit a couple of minor ups that I realised not all was as it should be.
I'm going to run a hand made session with a flat and and and increasing climb up to 12% and see how the turbo reacts.
Could this be the end of my Pro, only if it is the PCB that is duff as I still have 2 spare steppers.

Whorty

I was concentrating so hard on keeping @Marino.g away from me that I didn’t see @Breedon until @AAAC 76C wrote ‘catch him’ on the road. I tried to catch @Breedon with a mile to go but blew up. That really hurt. But good.

Now, time for some calories - don’t want to waste away noo..

Did the new blood join in? Did they enjoy it?

Great fun - Cheers all.. :cheers:
2 minute improvement @Jim Brown :okay: Nice one

@Randyberlin, did you let that young lady catch you? Looked like you were taking it easy but that course is pretty tough.
Uh. Yeah that's it. That's it exactly! I was being polite.

Whorty

Once upon a time I chased you, then it was Rob, now Marino - There’s always someone at the back..

That was hard work there will be no improving that ride.
I was worrying early on. I haven't raced much recently so wasn't sure if I'd be a bit rusty and might blow up and you drag me back in. In the end though I was feeling pretty good tonight and could hold my power and speed.

Once upon a time I chased you, then it was Rob, now Marino - There’s always someone at the back..

That was hard work there will be no improving that ride.
For some strange reason I keep getting time added. I went under the arch at 59 something but it's showing 1 hour 2 minutes. Not that it matters that much. I'm back on my stairs trim. I've ruined 3 pieces of wood so far and still haven't gotten even close. The techniques on YouTube look simple but after I made the cuts i have gaps of 1\2 inch everywhere. I'm about to tell the wife the new trend is masking tape boarders..

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
I was worrying early on. I haven't raced much recently so wasn't sure if I'd be a bit rusty and might blow up and you drag me back in. In the end though I was feeling pretty good tonight and could hold my power and speed.

Yes. For the first half of the ride I believe I held you to a minute, which as quite a bit of it was uphill (and I don’t do uphill) I was quite pleased with, then you rode away as I weakened.

Once upon a time if my HR went above 150 I’d be cooked however, I’m comfortable at that now and start to die at around 160. Improved fitness. Bkool doing its thing.

Looks nice up here tomorrow, so a little RW cycling for a change. Plus I’m off next week, so calories out, calories in and good sleeps.. :cheers: may even index the Arden Flyer..:thumbsup:

Edit - and winterise my chicken hut... they ain’t going to lay eggs if their bums are cold..

Last edited:
Top Bottom