Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Some great rides there.. @Brusgaard was certainly hammering away.
What happened to @AAAC 76C ?
Whorty and Jim certainly pushed themselves hard and good to see breedon back in the action!

Missed the end as the computer battery died...

I thought I was doing too well.
Flipping avatar was speeding up going uphill so I stopped reset and tried again and it still happened so I waited for me to race myself and that was pointless so I sat up to give @Brusgaard a tow to the line and exitted before the end and didn't save the ride.
Shame as I warmed up my spinning legs in the drome and was feeling good but obviously absurdly too good to be true.
It was like and LB moment getting silly speeds for 250 watts going up hill.
I shall be doing some test runs tomorrow to test my BSim/Pro

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
Whorty and Jim certainly pushed themselves hard and good to see breedon back in the action!

I was concentrating so hard on keeping @Marino.g away from me that I didn’t see @Breedon until @AAAC 76C wrote ‘catch him’ on the road. I tried to catch @Breedon with a mile to go but blew up. That really hurt. But good.

Now, time for some calories - don’t want to waste away noo..

Did the new blood join in? Did they enjoy it?

Great fun - Cheers all.. :cheers:

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
Flipping avatar was speeding up going uphill so I stopped reset and tried again and it still happened so I waited for me to race myself and that was pointless so I sat up to give @Brusgaard a tow to the line and exitted before the end and didn't save the ride.
Shame as I warmed up my spinning legs in the drome and was feeling good but obviously absurdly too good to be true.

Last time I saw you, you were half wheeling some bloke called George in the drome.:cycle:

Daddy Pig

Veteran
When you were about 7 minutes of your previous ghost I thought something was going on. Then I thought o daw you Dead stop going downhill which must have been when you stopped and reset...

Breedon

Legendary Member
My legs gave out with 4 miles to go and nursed my self over the line, i had a decent lead on jim so could afford some rest but i was for seeing a sprint finish with jim but thankfully it didn't happen.
My experience on bsim with the neo does seem slightly better with the latest update but at times it felt like i was going through treacle even on the very slightest of inclines but it could of been my legs being tired from zwift earlier in the afternoon so i will do another CG ride on fresher legs to see.

Enjoyed that brings back good memories :smooch:

Daddy Pig

Veteran
My legs gave out with 4 miles to go and nursed my self over the line, i had a decent lead on jim so could afford some rest but i was for seeing a sprint finish with jim but thankfully it didn't happen.
My experience on bsim with the neo does seem slightly better with the latest update but at times it felt like i was going through treacle even on the very slightest of inclines but it could of been my legs being tired from zwift earlier in the afternoon so i will do another CG ride on fresher legs to see.

Enjoyed that brings back good memories :smooch:
Love to see what you could do on the hills on a pro... you were certainly fast at the start on the hills.

Steve

hi Everybody, first let me thank you for all the good wishes, it seems i'm a little more poorly than i had thought, am booked in for a 'Whipple procedure' November 20th, so will be out of action for a while but look forward to competing against you all, (assuming not everybody has deserted by then :whistle: ) some time next year, best wishes

berty bassett

Legendary Member
just had to google that sir
hope it all goes well and a speedy recovery

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
hi Everybody, first let me thank you for all the good wishes, it seems i'm a little more poorly than i had thought, am booked in for a 'Whipple procedure' November 20th, so will be out of action for a while but look forward to competing against you all, (assuming not everybody has deserted by then :whistle: ) some time next year, best wishes

Hi Steve, there will always be a friendly face at the back of the pack whilst you get your fitness back.. see you again soon.. :thumbsup:

Daddy Pig

Veteran
Im so sorry to hear that Steve.
My dad had that last November so if you want to have more of a private chat about what to expect and recovery then pm me.
My very very best and I'm really thinking of you.

AAAC 76C

Large Member

Bugger.
Googled that as well, kind of whips @bobinski 's knee.
All the best mate.

I was a bit worried a while back that I had something bad going on.
Excessive wind, bloating, acidic stools and constantly going from loose to the opposite and back.
Glands in my neck were swelling as well.
Symptoms still not all gone but I swing from good to bad weeks but absolutely no bleeding so I think I am just getting old.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)

I forgot @Brusgaard had joined the race until about 2/3 the way through when I suddenly saw him 5 minutes ahead - very strong ride :notworthy:

I thought @Jim Brown was going to stay with me early on but I just managed to pull away. Then I had a rider called Giga trying to get on my wheel but I managed to hold the off and break their spirit. Had they gone past me I think I would have struggled too. Having @Breedon up ahead as a carrot helped me push on through the descent!

Top Bottom