Tea? (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

172traindriver

Legendary Member
Will it work in Abertawe? :unsure:

Does anything modern work there? :laugh:

172traindriver

Legendary Member
On the last Audax I attended, there was a significant number of the beardy, sandal wearing sorts hauling all sorts of luggage around with them. Bags, maps, flask of tea, some even carry a small stove... :ohmy:

There is a better assortment of characters at an audax and the numbers are not as great so it's not so bad. Also a lot of people at audaxes have been riding for years and are good riders that can ride in groups so they are alright to be about.
At sportives you get a number of riders that have the gear but no idea of group riding, they might be quick but they can be all over the place and it pays to avoid these people. It's fine if you get in with a good group.
The last one we did one of the lads said he was going from the gun for a laugh, so it turned into a bit of a mad dash with a number of us. With smaller numbers after a couple of miles we had a group of about 10 so there was no one ahead to get tangled up with and we ended up with 5 of us in the end and averaged 19.8 over 73 miles so it was a good quick Sunday ride in the end

IDMark2

Dodgy Aerial
A bit of torture always goes down well.
You've set her off TD.... :eek:

classic33

Leg End Member
I don't think that 'new works' are very pleased but I had quite an interesting childhood with rather interesting parents and I still get very stressed out about any physical threat. I know I should just get over it but it's easier said than done.
Easier walk away now than be carried away later.
Speaking as one who was carried away from work. Even if you like the job, on your own its a different matter entirely.
Was it anything to do with the fitting of "smart meters" by any chance? If so see mine & Mo's earlier posts about magnets & meters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom